Ross CLA 5 Fly Reel (8-10wt)
Ross ReelS CLA 5 8-10wt Fly Reel (Larger Components for bigger Fish!)
The CLA has set a new standard for affordable, hybrid large arbor Fly Reels. This Series incorporates a superior drag mechanism that is extraordinarily smooth, heat resistant and provides incredible stopping power. While the CLA is offered at a reasonable price, no design features have been overlooked. Each reel in this Series is designed with a specific diameter and width to maximize the Properties of drag consistency and quick line retrieval. The CLA has become our dealers' "go to" Reel for anglers that are looking for an American made, high quality, reasonably priced Fly Reel.
The mechanical design of all CLA Reels is consistent throughout the Series, but improvements have been made to the four Largest sizes (4-7) to support their use in battling bigger fish. When comparing the Larger CLA Reels to the Smaller sized 1, 1.5, 2 and 3 Reels, you will find that they have a larger sized drag knob, handle and spool cap, but most importantly, they have a STRONGER DRAG SYSTEM. To ensure smooth performance with Fast-running fish, the four Larger sized CLA Reels have also been equipped with oil-impregnated bushings for improved spool rotation. The frame and spool have been reinforced to eliminate flexing when battling heavyweights. With a wide range of sizes available, the CLA Series is appropriate for any fishing application, including Spey.
- Width (Spool): 1.2 in
- Diameter: 4.0 in
- Weight: 8.1 oz.
- line weight: 8-10
- capacity: WF9+250
- Spey Lines: 8/9/10+175
- Spare spool: $130.00
- Frame/Spool Material: 6061-T6 Proprietary Aluminum alloy
- Manufacturing Specifications: fully machined, 1 piece frame, 3 Piece assembled spool - manufactured on automated CNC machining Centers
- Drag Material: Delrin 500AF with impregnated Teflon - space-age polymer that is durable, heat resistant, self-lubricating and maintenance free
- Drag Engagement system: Redundancy radial pawl engagement
- Spool Rotation Mechanism: Delrin hub rotating on a stainless steel spindle, oil impregnated Bronze bushings rotating on a stainless steel spindle (Sizes 4-7)
fishing Application: designed for use in all freshwater, warm Water and saltwater fishing environments
ABOUT Ross ReelS USA:
There are a lot of Reel manufacturers in the market today, but year after year Ross Reels USA is recognized as the leading Fly Reel manufacturer in the world. Our personal commitment to quality, innovation and customer support has resulted in our products being honored with more industry awards than any other Fly Tackle manufacturer! In the world of business, a guarantee is only as good as the company that stands behind it. When you expect a reel to last a lifetime, the company you buy it from better still be in business when your Reel needs service. After more than thirty years of manufacturing world-class Reels, you can be sure that a Ross Reel purchased today will be supported for a lifetime of use and enjoyment.
We employ a team of skilled Professionals who are Passionate about fishing and bring real world experience into every aspect of design and manufacturing. Our team is committed to producing the finest Reels in the world, and this pledge is only surpassed by our dedication to providing each customer with unmatched service and complete satisfaction. We are a team of fishing Professionals who understand the value of reliable equipment, and most importantly, we love what we do! Our commitment to quality shows in every Reel that Ships from our factory.
ALL Ross USA Reels come with the following standard features and guarantee:
- fully machined out of 6061 - T6 high quality Aluminum, which has undergone a Proprietary Process that increases the strength of the Metal and allows for the application of a more durable anodize
- Self-lubricating, synthetic drag system that is virtually maintenance free
- Anodized for the perfect balance of Hardness and color
- seamless transition between Line-in and drag engagement (no Start-up friction)
- quick release locking spool
- Easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Exposed spool rim for palming
- Backed by the Ross Reels Unconditional Lifetime Watrranty
- Made in Montrose, Colorado USA
Awards in design and Manufacturing
Ross is the recipient of more industry "Awards in Excellence" for innovation, dependability and performance than any other Fly Reel manufacturer in the world.
Free Shipping in the U.S.IN THE U.S!