PATAGONIA FOOT TRACTOR BOOT - ALUMINUM BAR (BUILT BY DANNER)
Providing heavy-duty support and protection for the most demanding wading, the New Foot Tractors are the most durable, highest-performing wading boots possible; built by Danner in the USA with full-grain leather and felt soles.
The best wading boots need to be ultra-comfortable and supportive for long days in heavy water. They should grip subsurface terrain, muddy trails and the occasional cross-stream log. They must drain quickly and avoid holding excess water. And on top of being tough as nails, they need a lifetime measured in decades. Finally, as we all agreed, not looking like Frankenstein boots would be a plus. Once we knew exactly what we wanted, the world-renowned Danner Boots came into the frame. We combined our fly-fishing experience with Danners legendary quality and craftsmanship to create a wading boot beyond all others each one proudly made by hand (with imported parts) in Portland, Oregon. Their flexible, waterproof full-grain leather provides foot-conforming comfort, support and protection, while stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable base thatâ€™s easily resoled when the need arises. The adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place. Durable, super-grippy 3/8" polyester felt soles hold fast on slick bedrock and river-smooth cobble. Simply put, these are the best boots we have ever made, and we believe they're the last ones you'll ever need to buy.
- Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; the leather can be reconditioned as necessary. Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Upper is stitched to 5mm rubber midsole for stability underfoot; a second, lower midsole is made from water-resistant polyether polyurethane that adds additional comfort and support
- Adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle and helps lock the heel in place
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backer
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- Vibram® Idrogrip sole compound specially developed for maximum grip on wet surfaces; the sole offers great all-around traction for long approaches and mixed streambed footing such as rock, gravel and mud
- Patented aluminum bars are hard enough to cut through slime and soft enough to conform to rock surfaces
- 2461 g (86.8 oz)
- Upper: full-grain leather with 1,000-denier 100% nylon paneling.
- Lining: 67% polyester/33% nylon.
- Top midsole: 8IR rubber.
- Lower midsole: polyether polyurethane.
- Outsole: Vibram® Idrogrip with aluminum bars
Danner boots are built to accommodate additional layers such as wader booties or socks, so we suggest choosing your regular street-shoe size. Foot Tractor Boots work with thicker wader booties or socks; If you want to wear them with thin wader booties or if youâ€™re wet-wading, please size down
5.00/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
Austin (Colorado) | August 29th, 2020
Inside the box, there's a note that says something like they hope these will be the last boots you ever have to buy. I totally believe it. The construction is solid beyond anything I've seen in footwear. I really appreciate the made-in-USA, 100% repairable craftsmanship. As a nice bonus, they throw in an extra set of aluminum bars and laces for when they eventually wear out. And they're also highly comfortable. The only possible downside is that they're pretty heavy. You'll get a leg workout if you're hiking a couple miles into your fishing spot. But I don't really see that as a problem. The price tag is truly astonishing, but if you do the math on lifetime value, it's really good value.
Eric Mueller (Minnesota) | August 25th, 2020
Bought these boots back in July and FINALLY got them out and tested them. I wore them on a tributary of the St.Croix River in MN and it is notorious for slimy rocks and very difficult wading. The rocks were so slippery that at times I was stuck afraid to move. My previous visit there in my old boots I could barely walk on the rocks and took a pretty good fall. These boots are a GAME CHANGER. They were so sticky on these rocks I could not believe it. Could not believe how well they grip. Also they slip on super easy and the lace system is awesome AND they are very comfortable. Love them.... worth every penny.