NEW! ORVIS RECON 104-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 4WT, 10'0"
New for 2020, The Orvis Recon 104-4 Fly Rod Outfit features the redesigned Orvis Recon Fly Rod, Orvis Hydros Fly Reel, Orvis Hydros Trout Fly Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader, professionally rigged ready to fish!
The Recon 4wt 10'0" offers extended reach for mending and line control in a mid-weight trout rod. Whether swinging streamers across and down, extending drifts near the banks from a moving drift boat, or tracking a nymph rig a few feet further in the zone, this 10' 4-weight Recon gives you the ability to cover more water, extend your fly's time in the zone, and has the power to handle big trout, light bass, and even light steelhead. A superior value in a mid-priced rod with premium performance.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted in the USA with a completely new ferrule design, a matte olive blank with charcoal and spring green accents, and an anodized type iii reel seat with wood insert. The New Recon uses the Helios 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques and performance attributes to refine and improve the new series. Increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and ultimately, significantly improved accuracy are now incorporated into the Recon that is also stronger, more impact resistant, and offers the mid-price buyer access to the best technology Orvis fly rods have to offer.
- Blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring green accent
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Pewter type III anodized aluminum reel seat with wood insert
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Nylon covered rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The New re-designed Hydros Fly Reel for 2020, features a lightweight bar-stock aluminum machined frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution, buttery-smooth startup inertia and a narrower spool that reduces line stacking. The New 2020 Hydros reel incorporates an improved seal carbon and stainless drag along with a reduction in weight balance for lighter fly rods. The New Orvis Hydros II will match any fishing application and have the stopping power for the largest trout or smallmouth. The newly upgraded sealed drag gives the angler a smoother and more powerful reel for protecting light tippet against these larger trout and smallmouth on a 3-4wt fly rod.
- Super-Large Arbor for quick retrieval rates: Up to 12% increase in line retrieve from previous Hydros Model
- Sealed Drag- clutch bearing fully sealed inside drag mechanism
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow Spool for less line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Color: Black and Silver
- Size: II (3-4wt)
- Weight: 5.0oz
- Diameter: 3.4"
- Capacity: 20-lb & WF4: 125 yards