NEW! ORVIS RECON 907-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 7WT, 9'0"
New for 2020, The Orvis Recon 907-4 Fly Rod Outfit features the redesigned Orvis Recon Fly Rod, Orvis Hydros Fly Reel, Orvis Hydros Saltwater Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader, professionally rigged ready to fish!
The New Orvis Recon 907-4 saltwater fly rod is completely redesigned for 2020! Bonefish, bass, schoolie stripers, carp, pike, big trout, the target list is endless for the Recon 907-4. With improved accuracy and strength, this is versatility at its best. Dead center in the middle of the line-weight spectrum, the 907-4 is a great rod for any quiver, giving you so many options for species. If there is a no-frills work truck in the fly rod world, the Recon 7-weight is it.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted in the USA with a completely new ferrule design, a matte blue blank with charcoal and light blue accents, and an anodized type iii solid aluminum reel seat. The New Recon uses the Helios 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques and performance attributes to refine and improve the new series. Increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and ultimately, significantly improved accuracy are now incorporated into the Recon that is also stronger, more impact resistant, and offers the mid-price buyer access to the best technology Orvis fly rods have to offer.
- Blanks are matte blue with charcoal and light blue accent
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Pewter type III anodized aluminum solid aluminum reel seat with 1" Fighting Butt
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Nylon covered rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The New re-designed Hydros Fly Reel for 2020, features a lightweight bar-stock aluminum machined frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution, buttery-smooth startup inertia and a narrower spool that reduces line stacking. The New 2020 Hydros reel incorporates an improved seal carbon and stainless drag along with a reduction in weight balance for lighter fly rods. From Freshwater to the Saltwater Flats, the New Orvis Hydros III will match any fishing application and have the stopping power for the larger species in freshwaters. The newly upgraded sealed drag gives the angler a smoother and more powerful reel for protecting light tippet against larger trout and smallmouth.
- Super-Large Arbor for quick retrieval rates: Up to 12% increase in line retrieve from previous Hydros Model
- Sealed Drag- clutch bearing fully sealed inside drag mechanism
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow Spool for less line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Color: Black and Silver
- Size: III (5-6wt)
- Weight: 5.5oz
- Diameter: 4"
- Capacity: 20-lb & WF6: 125 yards