Winston AIR Fly Rod Outfits include the Winston AIR Fly Rod, Ross Evolution R Fly Reel, Scientific Angler Amplitude Infinity Smooth Fly Line, Dacron backing, Tapered Leader, Winston premium aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Winston AIR Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
Winston Air Fly Rods represent the very best in fly rod design after more than 88 years of rod making. The first thing you notice when you pick up the Air is how light this rod is. Next you notice that this rod feels 'alive.' Winston Air rods feature a quick flex and recovery through the casting stroke without feeling stiff to make sure you enjoy every cast. This revolutionary fly rod design features Winstons new SuperSilica resin system with high modulus Boron III graphite. This allows significantly less weight, more liveliness and higher responsiveness for optimum presentation. These rods have the broadest casting range of any fly rods Winston has ever designed.
This Winston Air 586-4 fly rod is simply the finest all-purpose trout rod on the market. This 5wt Air delivers buttery smooth power and is a true pleasure to cast. This Air 5wt presents a beautiful dry fly, whether it is 20ft or 70ft, and will still trhow a streamer to the bank. This versatile 5wt will do it all on small to medium size rivers.
- Advanced carbon fiber and new SuperSilica
- Classic smooth Winston Progressive Action
- Incredibly accurate presentation
- Boron III Technology for enhanced reserve power
- Hard chrome snake shooting guides, chrome nano-lite stripping guides
- Nickel silver reel seat with wood burled insert
- Each Winston Air rod is hand crafted in Twin Bridges, MT
- Backed by the Winston Lifetime Warranty
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION R 4/5 FLY REEL : 4-5WT
The Ross Reels Evolution R Reel is a redesigned version of the very popular Evolution LT. Lighter weight and a new industry first drag design, the Ross Evolution R is going to be your #1 freshwater fly reel.
The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded proprietary carbon fluoropolymer and stainless-steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start-up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippets. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in any fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frame-integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings - even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed drag system
- Proprietary carbon fiber and machined stainless-steel disc stack
- Fully machined canvas phenolic handle, on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Covered by Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 4.82oz
- Diameter: 3.53”
- Width: 0.97”
- Capacity: WF5/75yds