2019 ORVIS CLEARWATER 108-4 FLY ROD : 10'0" 8WT
The New 2019 Orvis Clearwater 108-4 fly rod is the perfect choice for streamer fishing big browns, swinging flies to steelhead and salmon, launching big bass bugs, and as a general purpose saltwater rod. This versatile 8wt is perfect for fishing from a drift boat or skiff and excels at covering big water with ease. The longer 10'0" length will throw larger saltwater flies in the wind and effortlessly toss bulky bass bugs straight to their target. The Clearwater fly rods are designed for smooth power and improved accuracy, and the. This Clearwater 108-4 is a perfect balance smooth power and responsiveness, and mends your entire line in fasting moving streams like no other. The smooth, powerful medium action will suit any casting style and will handily cover multiple species.
The new Clearwater Rod Series is not just a cosmetic facelift, but a complete overhaul from the ground up by Orvis's Vermont rod designers. Everything has changed except the value. It's still the best fly rod you can buy for the money, but with a significant upgrade in performance and looks in a comprehensive series that covers every angler from small stream addicts to Skagit slinging two-handers. Each rod was designed with a purpose-built taper and action to handle the specific fishing situations that each rod model is designed for. The action of the Clearwater rods progress from from medium-action small stream rods to medium-fast freshwater rods and continue up to fast-action big game rods.
- 10'0" 8-weight ideal for covering big water and multiple species
- Blanks are black chrome with white accents
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Chrome snake and stripping guide with a ceramic insert
- Anodized black nickel aluminum reel seat
- Fighting butt handle with composite end for durability
- Includes Orvis cordura divided rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-Year Guarantee
- Rod Tapers designed in Vermont