FISHPOND SWITCHBACK WADING BELT SYSTEM
Since their first year, Fishpond has been turning the fly fishing industry upside-down with innovation and change. As they hit their 20 year anniversary, it was only fitting to take something as simple as a wading belt and reinvent it’s functionality. This system includes a pack that slides independently from back to front, a molded net holster for long-handled nets, a shoulder strap with tool and fly attachment, and options to attach our new molded wading staff pouch, drink holder, and Quickshot rod holder. Functional and purposeful. Can be worn with vests, chest packs or other gear of choice.
- Modular system includes a wader belt with net slot, 5L pack, and shoulder strap
- Wader Belt is made with thermoformed foam for comfort around your waist, and has a built in net slot that holds mostly any size net handle
- The included pack slides from front to back on the wader belt ‘rail’ - allowing you to keep the belt and net in place and move only your pack in and out of your workspace
- Pack can be configured on the left or right side
- Shoulder strap can be configured on the left or right side - or can be removed completely
- Shoulder strap pad has various Hypalon tool attachment points and velcro ‘loop’ for attaching fly patches or drying out flies
- The underside of the shoudler strap pad has a silicone printing to minimize slip
- Pack has two main zippered pockets and holds 2-3 large fly boxes, or 4-6 slim fly boxes
- Pack has two front stretch pockets for quick access items
- Hemo’s sheath hidden behind the front stretch pockets
- Pack has Hypalon attachment points for retractors or hemos on each side
- 210D Nylon Cyclepond
- Pack Measures 9" x 7" x 5"
- Belt Padding: 32" long x 4/5" high
- Webbing Max Length 63"
- 5L and 1.6 lbs
5.00/5 Stars out of 4 Reviews
Logan Beaver (Parker) | January 17th, 2020
It holds all the fly boxes I need for the day and the loop at the back is perfect for holding the fishpond nets. Love this wading belt system.
GB (WA) | September 4th, 2019
So simple yet so brilliant! I, like most fishermen have dozens of vests, packs, slings, hip packs, chest packs, etc and they all serve a purpose (most of the time). This "system" allows you to be a minimalist with gear at times you want to run light and add on all types of extra components when you need more carry room. Super easy to connect and disconnect other competes, Like other reviews have said the net holder is the BEST for regular, oversized, or long handled nets. Very Comfortable, I also have the Fishpond Summit Sling and I like the shoulder sling here better in terms of placement and fitment.
Michael (Kentucky) | September 1st, 2019
Finally I can enjoy a day on the water without neck pain. I have bulging discs in my neck and no matter what I tried (vests, sling packs, chest packs, etc) by the end of the day my neck paid the price. This system has finally provided relief. Fit and finish top notch, the should strap really isn't needed and/or doesn't support weight. Also, the pack in the pic looks huge, it isn't but large enough for several boxes, tools, tippet, leaders, etc. The net holder is A+++ in design and function. Highly recommended if you suffer from neck problems. Added bonus, tighten up the wading belt and it provides nice lower back support.
YJK (CA) | May 26th, 2019
This is the very best thing I have ever had! You can carry all you need for fly fishing and your hands are still free. Te belt supports your back very well and making the gears, bag, net, etc. almost weightless. You may need to get an additional bag to carry snacks, water, etc. Your every penny is worth for this amazing product!