he Hatch Finatic 4 Plus Gen 2 Fly Reel is ideally suited for any freshwater angler. A top of the line, no maintenance drag system and multiple spool sizes means that nothing is out of the range of the 4 Plus. The Finatic 4 Plus Gen 2 is a masterpiece of USA fully machined craftsmanship, right down to the reel seat and perfectly suited for 4-6 weight rods. The Gen 2 series features a new drag system seal along with stainless-steel drag housing for a more enhanced usage. All Hatch fly reels feature a fully sealed drag cassette containing a stacked Rulon multi-disc drag system that allows maximum braking pressure and faster heat dispersion. This innovated type of design is created to eliminate start up inertia when the fish is hooked and reduce stick slip problems while you are battling the fish on the reel. Each Hatch fly reel comes with its own hook guard on the frame, a precise counterbalance on the spool, and a positive frame to spool connection for a bomb-proof fit.
The 4 Plus bridges the gap in size and weight between the 3 and 5 plus models. If you are looking for the perfect reel for your 9' 5 weight rod then look no further.
FINATIC GEN 2 UPGRADES
- New Mist Finish is a beautiful matte, non-glare finish that is smoother, stealthier, and looks awesome.
- New cranks and counterbalance in the Gen 2 Finatic incorporates an Ultraflon sleeve that covers the aluminum shaft and separates it from the aluminum crank handle. This eliminates the chance for Galvanic corrosion and ensures a smooth crank.
- New frame features a concave surface inside of the frame and move from 7 windows in the Gen 1 to 9 windows in the Gen 2. By adding two extra arms it eliminates unnecessary weight making the reel lighter without sacrificing strength.
- New lip seals and sealed bearings completely seal this drag system against the elements for flawless performance in the harshest conditions.
- Machined reel seat means that there is no second piece seating the reel to the rod. No more rotting screws or rattle between the foot and the rest of the frame.
- Hook guards on every reel keep those hooks away from hands and tucked into the arbor of the reel.
- Multi-disc drag comprised of Rulon and precision stamped stainless steel discs apples breaking pressure and heat dispersion over several surfaces and is now found on all models.
- Body style: Finatic Gen 2
- Protection: Type 2 Anodize
- Line weights: 4-6
- Hook guard on frame
- Fully sealed Rulon multi-disc drag cassette
- Positive "Power Flower" frame connection for bomb-proof fit
- Fully machined frame, spool, and reel seat
- Precise counterbalance on spool
- Diameter: 3.425"
- Width: .90"
- Weight: 4.9oz
- Spools: Available in large and mid arbor
- Hatch premium backing highly recommended (gel spun strength and diameter with the touch and feel of dacron)