HATCH FINATIC 7 PLUS GEN 2 FLY REEL : 7-9WT
The Hatch Finatic 7 Plus GEN 2 Fly Reel is an incredible versatile reel. Capable of being rigged with a huge array of line types and loaded out with an enormous amount of backing, it can handle everything from big trout, bass and carp, and since it has a fully sealed drag system bones and permit pose little trouble. It is The Finatic 2 Plus GEN 7 is a masterpiece of USA fully machined craftsmanship, right down to the reel seat and perfectly suited for 7-9 weight rods. The Gen 2 series features a new drag system seal along with stainless-steel drag housing for a more enhanced usage. All Hatch fly reels feature a fully sealed drag cassette containing a stacked Rulon multi-disc drag system that allows maximum braking pressure and faster heat dispersion. This innovated type of design is created to eliminate start up inertia when the fish is hooked and reduce stick slip problems while you are battling the fish on the reel. Each Hatch fly reel comes with its own hook guard on the frame, a precise counterbalance on the spool, and a positive frame to spool connection for a bomb-proof fit.
If I was stranded on a desert island and had only one reel to bring, it would be the 7 Plus. Our shop has sold more of these bad boys than any other size in the Hatch line up. From bonefish to permit, steelhead to carp, this reel has you covered.
FINATIC GEN 2 UPGRADES
- New Mist Finish is a beautiful matte, non-glare finish that is smoother, stealthier, and looks awesome.
- New cranks and counterbalance in the Gen 2 Finatic incorporates an Ultraflon sleeve that covers the aluminum shaft and separates it from the aluminum crank handle. This eliminates the chance for Galvanic corrosion and ensures a smooth crank.
- New frame features a concave surface inside of the frame and move from 7 windows in the Gen 1 to 9 windows in the Gen 2. By adding two extra arms it eliminates unnecessary weight making the reel lighter without sacrificing strength.
- New lip seals and sealed bearings completely seal this drag system against the elements for flawless performance in the harshest conditions.
- Machined reel seat means that there is no second piece seating the reel to the rod. No more rotting screws or rattle between the foot and the rest of the frame.
- Hook guards on every reel keep those hooks away from hands and tucked into the arbor of the reel.
- Multi-disc drag comprised of Rulon and precision stamped stainless steel discs apples breaking pressure and heat dispersion over several surfaces and is now found on all models.
- Body style: Finatic Gen 2
- Protection: Type 2 Anodize
- Line weights: 7-9
- Hook guard on frame
- Fully sealed Rulon multi-disc drag cassette
- Positive "Power Flower" frame connection for bomb-proof fit
- Fully machined frame, spool, and reel seat
- Precise counterbalance on spool
- Diameter: 4"
- Width: 1.125"
- Weight: 8.4oz
- Spools: Available in large and mid arbor
- Hatch premium backing highly recommended (gel spun strength and diameter with the touch and feel of dacron)
5.00/5 Stars out of 8 Reviews
NORA (Massachusetts) | April 1st, 2020
The craftmanship on this jewel is beyond comparison. My Finatic 7 Plus is the perfect crossover reel for salt and sweet. And because spools are interchangeable from generation to generation, this may the last reel I'll need to buy. Put Hatch on your short list if you're in the market for a top-end reel.
O.F (PA) | March 11th, 2020
Wonderful reel! Can't go wrong!
JM (TX) | March 2nd, 2020
This is my second Hatch Reel and I won’t be buying other reels. Can’t go wrong with the Hatch, it’s tough, great drag and highly dependable and the spools are reasonably priced. You won’t regret owning a Hatch.
Matthias Fuell (PA) | February 21st, 2020
The craftmanship is incredible. It is a very durable reel with a smooth darg system and beautiful line-retreaval sound! Definitly a must have for your quiver.
A.L.C. (TX) | January 7th, 2020
I performed a lot of research before I purchased this reel. A few notables had a stronger drag, one had a nicer finish, one boasts more records (yall know the reels I’m referring to) - but all in all, none matched up in totality to the gen 2 7 plus for a “light” saltwater reel - at the price. Don’t get me wrong, the drag is ample and smooth, the finish is remarkable, the construction is bomb proof, the line retrieval rate is excellent, the ergonomics are good... and in comparison with other reels for similar purpose - across the board - I couldn’t find another reel that matched the Finatic in terms of quality / features / value.
Michael (San Diego) | December 18th, 2019
Used this reel on my 8wt up at Pyramid Lake to hunt for the famous Lahontan cutthroat last weekend and the reels performance was amazing! I managed to catch 2 8lbs and am absolutely in love with this reel. High recommend The Hatch brand.
AARON KINNE (New England) | July 30th, 2019
Along with it eye-popping design, super craftmanship, and smooth drag, the Hatch Finatic has been a stellar performer for me in harsh Northeast, saltwater conditions. What I particularly love about this reel is that spare spools are reasonable priced - $255 for the 7 Plus - so you can build your quiver without breaking the bank. Why should spare spools cost half the price of a full reel? And I also love the fact that it comes in a mid-arbor configuration, so you can load plenty of backing for those long False Albacore and Striped Bass runs. Look, I know there are plenty of great reels out there, but the Hatch Finatic should be on the list for anyone considering a premium reel purchase.
AARON KINNE (New England) | July 30th, 2019
Along with its eye-popping design, smooth drag, and quality construction, the Hatch Finatic has been a stellar performer for me in harsh, Northeast saltwater conditions. What I particularly love about this reel is that spare spools are reasonably priced - $255 for the 7 Plus - so you can build your quiver without breaking the bank. I never understood why a spool should cost half the price of a full reel? And I also love the fact that the reel comes in a mid-arbor configuration, so you'll have plenty of backing for those hard runs from False Albacore. Look, I know there are plenty of great reels out there, but for anyone looking for a reasonably priced, premium reel, the Hatch Finatic should be on your list for consideration.