REDINGTON CLAYMORE 8116-4 FLY ROD : 8WT 11'6"
New for the 2021 season, Redington has designed a series of two-handed rods for applications of small trout spey to chasing chrome on the larger NW steelhead streams. The smooth fast action taper allows for a more custom feel and versatility for the constant change in depths, tips, and shooting heads. The Claymore features include a down locking reel seat for improved balanced and Polymer Pinch Grips for increased line control. The Claymore makes casting a two-hander more enjoyable and less like you’re swinging a medieval weapon around.
The 8wt 11'6" is your ultimate switch rod for steelhead and salmon on the larger streams. Switch rods allow anglers the ability to nymph, swing, and dry fly fish all in rod. Anglers are even using these out of drift boats regularly for ease of casting. Pair this Claymore 8wt with a RIO Switch Chucker, RIO Switch Line, or a Skagit Shooting head and running line for maximum versatility while on the water.
- Premium Grade Cork Handles
- Polymer pinch grip sections on top and bottom handles for increased line control
- Anodized aluminum down locking reel seat for improved balance
- Section tips epoxy coated to prevent sticking
- Fully protective cordura rod tube with dividers
- Lifetime warranty