SAGE SALT HD 890-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 8WT 9'0"
Sage Salt HD Fly Rod Outfits include the award winning Sage Salt HD Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum Max Fly Reel, premium RIO Elite Flats Pro floating fly line, Dacron backing, RIO Saltwater Tapered Leader, Sage aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Sage Salt HD Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
Winner of the ICAST Best of Show, Sage Salt HD Fly Rods have increased power, improved accuracy, and are lighter for all day use. Sage Salt HD rods have an amazing ability to slice through the wind, throw laser tight loops, and deliver flies precisely where intended. Casting feels almost effortless thanks to new cutting edge KonneticHD Technology. These new technologies produce a rod blank that is ultra light, with a thinner diameter, enhancing feel and responsiveness, yet is significantly stronger.
Sage Salt HD rods are intuitive, with highly efficient energy transfer, while eliminating vibration and tip bounce. These rods load with one back cast at close range for quick shots to cruising fish, and throw bullet loops long distances in windy conditions. Sage Salt HD rods help any angler become a better saltwater caster, making them better anglers, and ultimately leading to more hook-ups and fish landed.
The Sage Salt HD 8wt 9'0" fly rod is the perfect rod for bonefish on the flats and redfish in the backcountry. This 8wt is a powerful, fast action rod that will shred the wind and deliver saltwater flies right on target. The Salt HD 8wt is the most versatile rod to cover saltwater flats species, and is so light in the hand that fatigue will never be an issue. This rod also will effortless;y launch bass bugs and poppers to hungry largemouth bass. Whether loading the rod in close for a quick shot, or picking up 80ft of line for the hero shot, one back cast is all it takes and this rod will shoot your entire fly line.
Sage Salt HD rods are beautifully finished in a squid ink blue color, with black thread wraps and complimentary blue trim wraps. Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top ensure large saltwater knots slide smoothly, and the heavy-duty black anodized aluminum reel seat is dual uplocking to ensure your reel stays locked in tight. These rods are finished with a premium full-wells cork handle and a laser etched line weight on the slide band, and safely protected in a Sage rod sock and premium Sage aluminum rod tube. Every Sage Salt HD is hand crafted by the same 27 sets of expert hands on Bainbridge Island, WA in the USA.
- KonneticHD Technology delivers ultimate power and accuracy in the wind
- Beautiful Squid Ink blank finish with black thread wraps / blue trim wraps
- Oversized Fuji ceramic stripper guides and hard chromed snake guides to shoot line further
- Heavy-duty stealth black anodized aluminum, dual uplocking reel seat
- Integrated hidden hook keeper in reel seat
- Laser etched line weight on slide band
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle and fighting butt
- Premium Salt HD aluminum rod tube and rod sock
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM MAX 7/8 FLY REEL : 7-8WT
The Sage Spectrum Max 7/8 Reel is the workhorse model for steelhead, light saltwater, brown trout, smallmouth or any other species when targeting fish on a 7-8wt fly rod. The super smooth drag system on this reel far surpasses any reel on the market at this price range. The Spectrum Max 7/8 Reel has 40 detent drag settings which lets you can open spool the reel for lightweight drag on small fish, while locking things down for the Chile, Alaska, or New Zealand fish of a lifetime!
The Spectrum Max is fully machined with cold forged, tempered 6061-T6 aluminum, housing Sage's proven Sealed Carbon System (SCS) Drag. Smooth engagement and consistent, dependable, and repeatable pressure, allows you to fish with confidence knowing your tippet is protected. The SCS drag uses US made carbon to easily handle high pressure and quickly dissipates kinetic energy into thermal energy and the entire system is sealed to keep out water, sand, grit, and salt. Finished with Sage's unique porting pattern and spoke aesthetic, the Max will be your go-to reel for the full range of heavy duty fishing scenarios.
- Fully sealed, powerful SCS Carbon Fiber Disc Drag System
- One revolution drag knob with 40 numbered settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Fully machined, ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
- Weight: 7 1/2oz
- Diameter: 4 1/8"
- Width: 1 1/2"
- Capacity: WF8 200yds/20lb
NEW! RIO ELITE FLATS PRO FLY LINE
RIO's New Eilte Flats Pro saltwater fly line is designed for anglers hitting tropical flats in search of bonefish, permit and tarpon. The line is built on RIO's new DirectCore and Slickcast coating, a proprietary low-memory, low-stretch monofilament core that retains its stiffness in tropical heat, yet lies straight on the water without curl or retraction. The core, which has 30% less stretch than regular tropical saltwater fly lines, casts further, ensures solid strip sets, and shortens fight times. The Slickcast creates the slickest, most durable coating on the market-producing the least amount of friction ever measured on a fly line.
RIO Flats Pro lines incorporate the SureFire triple color, distance-marking design that takes the guesswork out of accuracy and distance control, allowing anglers to make higher percentage shots to cruising targets. The DirectCore Flats Pro line is available in floating models and a clear tip "StealthTip" option that features a full-float head with six feet of clear intermediate at the tip. This nearly invisible front section allows for shorter leaders and easier, more accurate casts, while the increased density provides greater wind penetration.
- Agressive front taper loads rods quickly, shreds the wind, and throws stable tight loops
- Slickcast - The slickest and most durable coating.
- Easy annealing, low memory core that lays perfectly straight on the water
- Low stretch DirectCore Technology casts further and provides solid strip set
- Mid-length head and long rear taper for tight loops and complete line control
- High floating running line makes picking up line and casting easier
- Welded front and back loops for fast, easy rigging changes