NEW! G LOOMIS NRX+ 1290-4 FLY ROD : 12WT, 9'0"
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Saltwater Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in power, energy tranfer, loop control, line feel, and versatility. This new NRX+ will effortlessly launch flies straight into the wind with tightly controlled loops and quick, accurate first and second shots.
The NRX+ 12wt 9'0" is the most powerful rod of this series. Designed for the anglers targeting the largest fish in the ocean and one of our most popular weights and lengths for giant tarpon fishing.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Recoil snake guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper (Line #: 4-6)
- Full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
- 12wt 9'0" Fly Rod
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Alex (VA) | July 4th, 2020
As always the shipping and service from RFR was impeccable. It is hard to say a 12wt is light in hand, but this one feels more like a 10wt. Fairly responsive casting. Time will tell. Great Quality product from Loomis.