NEW! G LOOMIS NRX+ 690-4 FLY ROD : 6WT, 9'0"
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
The NRX+ 6wt 9'0" is the ultimate western style fly rod. Large rivers, large browns are no match to the power, accuracy, and versatility of the new 6wt. In the midwest, the 6wt 9'0" is our go to ultralight smallmouth rod length and weight.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- Single-foot recoil guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper (Line #: 4-6)
- Micro full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with walnut hardwood insert (Models: 490-4, 590-4, & 595-4)
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt (4100-4, 5100-4, 690-4, & 6100-4)
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Ian Linfoot (Australia) | April 16th, 2020
I bought this rod for a big NZ trip to fish the Tongariro and other Taupo tribs. This rod is amazing 80ft laser beams with heavy double nymph rigs or size 16 adams. Long and accurate but also able to fish at 20', I had it rigged with SA amplitude MPX. Had considered the LP version but for my use 75% nymphs 25% dries I am very happy with my choice. Disclaimer - I broke the tip on this rod early if my trip, ?the loops were too tight, WTF I had only been fishing size 14-16 nymphs, despite this negative experience I can not fault the performance of this rod. Excellent rod, wish they had better customer support in NZ. Despite this negative experience it is still 5 star.