The New Lamson Speedster S HD Fly Reels have been completely re-designed for 2020, boasting the largest diameter and highest retrieve rate of any reel on the market. The Speedster S -9+ HD Fly Reel is machined using enhanced spool machining technology, resulting in a reel weighing 20% less, while maintaining the highest level of performance. Simply put there is not another reel that can match the weight vs. retrieval rate of the Speedster S -9+ HD, making it the perfect choice for hard charging species like steelhead, salmon, bonefish, redfish, stripers and more. The HD stands for "Heavy Duty" and features a fully caged spool to add rigidity and keep line from catching between the frame and spool. The new stylish Speedster S is a masterpiece of engineering and beauty, while being as rugged as they come. The Speedster S -9+ HD houses the same bulletproof, patented sealed conical drag system as all high end Lamson reels.
Lamson updated the spool geometry to allow for enhanced retrieve rates, opened porting for reduced weight and improved line drying, and integrated the counterbalance. A curved cross-section increases structural stability, while a hard anodized Type II finish provides a hard finish to protect your investment. You will not find a more beautiful, well-engineered, tough as nails fly reel that eats up line like the Speedster S!
- Fastest retrieval rate of any reel on the market
- 20% lighter! Open porting to reduce weight and improve line drying
- Fully CNC machined frame and spool from aerospace grade T-6061 aluminum
- Proven durability of Lamson's patented sealed conical drag system
- Beautiful new design and styling will complement any high end fly rod
- Fully caged spool for added strength and to eliminate line catching between frame and spool
- Fully anodized impervious to the elements including saltwater
- Manufactured and assembled in the USA
- Diameter: 4.29 in
- Width: 1.25 in
- Weight: 5.99 oz
- Capacity: 220yd 30# capacity WF10