NEW! ORVIS RECON 843-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 3WT, 8'4"
New for 2020, The Orvis Recon 843-4 Fly Rod Outfit features the redesigned Orvis Recon Fly Rod, Orvis Hydros Fly Reel, Orvis Hydros Trout Fly Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader, professionally rigged ready to fish!
The New Orvis Recon 843-4 fly rod is completely redesigned for 2020! The Recon 8'4" is an exceptional dry-fly rod with a moderate length for excellent control and the accuracy desired to make superior dry fly presentations. This length/weight configuration has been around for decades and is a favorite among dry fly purists. This new Recon version offers enhanced accuracy and the ability to drop a dry fly gently in a precise feeding lane where the difference of a couple of inches is all the difference in success and failure.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted in the USA with a completely new ferrule design, a matte olive blank with charcoal and spring green accents, and an anodized type iii reel seat with wood insert. The New Recon uses the Helios 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques and performance attributes to refine and improve the new series. Increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and ultimately, significantly improved accuracy are now incorporated into the Recon that is also stronger, more impact resistant, and offers the mid-price buyer access to the best technology Orvis fly rods have to offer.
- Blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring green accent
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Pewter type III anodized aluminum reel seat with wood insert
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Nylon covered rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The New re-designed Hydros Fly Reel for 2020, features a lightweight bar-stock aluminum machined frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution, buttery-smooth startup inertia and a narrower spool that reduces line stacking. The New 2020 Hydros reel incorporates an improved seal carbon and stainless drag along with a reduction in weight balance for lighter fly rods. The New Orvis Hydros I will match any small stream fishing application and have the stopping power for landing the largest trout in the stream. The newly upgraded sealed drag gives the angler a smoother and more powerful reel for protecting light tippet against these larger trout on a 1-3wt fly rod.
- Super-Large Arbor for quick retrieval rates: Up to 12% increase in line retrieve from previous Hydros Model
- Sealed Drag- clutch bearing fully sealed inside drag mechanism
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow Spool for less line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Color: Black and Silver
- Size: I (1-3wt)
- Weight: 4.7oz
- Diameter: 3.1"
- Capacity: 20-lb & WF2: 75 yards