NEW! ORVIS RECON 865-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 5WT, 8'6"
New for 2020, The Orvis Recon 865-4 Fly Rod Outfit features the redesigned Orvis Recon Fly Rod, Orvis Hydros Fly Reel, Orvis Hydros Trout Line, Dacron Backing, and Tapered Leader, professionally rigged ready to fish!
This 5wt is an all-around freshwater rod in waters big or small, on the surface or under it, the Recon 865-4 continues the legacy of this length and line-weight configuration. If you are looking for one freshwater rod that can adapt to almost every situation, this is the rod for you. With the latest in design and construction technology, and at a remarkable mid-price point, the Recon 865-4 is a must-have for any angler who appreciates great fly rod performance.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted in the USA with a completely new ferrule design, a matte olive blank with charcoal and spring green accents, and an anodized type iii reel seat with wood insert. The New Recon uses the Helios 3 as a foundation, utilizing its construction techniques and performance attributes to refine and improve the new series. Increased hoop strength, better tracking, improved damping, and ultimately, significantly improved accuracy are now incorporated into the Recon that is also stronger, more impact resistant, and offers the mid-price buyer access to the best technology Orvis fly rods have to offer.
- Blanks are matte olive with charcoal and spring green accent
- Quick rod identifier on the blank
- Pewter type III anodized aluminum reel seat with wood insert
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Nylon covered rod tube
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The New re-designed Hydros Fly Reel for 2020, features a lightweight bar-stock aluminum machined frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution, buttery-smooth startup inertia and a narrower spool that reduces line stacking. The New 2020 Hydros reel incorporates an improved seal carbon and stainless drag along with a reduction in weight balance for lighter fly rods. From Freshwater to the Saltwater Flats, the New Orvis Hydros III will match any fishing application and have the stopping power for the larger species in freshwaters. The newly upgraded sealed drag gives the angler a smoother and more powerful reel for protecting light tippet against larger trout and smallmouth.
- Super-Large Arbor for quick retrieval rates: Up to 12% increase in line retrieve from previous Hydros Model
- Sealed Drag- clutch bearing fully sealed inside drag mechanism
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow Spool for less line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Color: Black and Silver
- Size: III (5-6wt)
- Weight: 5.5oz
- Diameter: 4"
- Capacity: 20-lb & WF6: 125 yards