PATAGONIA SWIFTCURRENT EXPEDITION ZIP-FRONT WADERS
Newly designed, the Patagonia Swiftcurrent Expedition Zip-Front Wader features unique fabric designs and materials to give anglers the best wader ever produced by Patagonia. Featuring a 4-layer, waterproof shell, the Swiftcurrent Expedition Zip-Fronts have been engineered for enhanced fit, mobility and durability. Patagonia's heaviest weight, most fully featured waders, the Swiftcurrent Expeditions feature a new, fully waterproof front zipper and an adjustable quick-release suspender system so conversion from chest to waist height is precise and quick. A new Secure Stretch wading belt offers comfortable closure but is secure enough to accommodate a net, bear spray or other accessories. The drawcord cinch-top closure keeps things snug and dry on frigid days. Other technical details include an interior waterproof pocket, handwarmer pockets with zip flaps and polygrid Yulex booties.
- H2No Performance Standard recycled polyester microfiber shell with proprietary waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; highly durable and puncture-resistant fabric has no multiple layers or added weight
- Single-seam construction for durability and gusseted crotch for freedom of movement and comfort
- Submersible YKK front zipper is fully waterproof; fully adjustable, quick-release suspender system; top-hem drawcord cinch system; Secure Stretch, no-snag wading belt; front and rear belt loops
- Interior organization: welded TPU-waterproof pocket flips out for easy access; two drop-in stretch pockets; two internal daisy chains for tools; center-back hanger loop for easy drying
- Exterior organization: handwarmer pockets with pocket flaps; large chest pocket with horizontal, water-resistant zipper
- Articulated legs; removable foam kneepads; heavy-duty scuff guards at ankles
- Anatomical left and right booties have lower volume, a more sock-like fit and are polygrid-lined for additional warmth and comfort; resilient 4mm Yulex /neoprene resists compaction for greater durability
- Fabric H2NO Performance Standard shell. Upper: 4-layer, 6.6-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density taffeta face fabric bonded to 100% recycled polyester backer. Lower: 4-layer, 9.4-oz 100% recycled polyester microfiber high-density double-weave taffeta face fabric bonded to 100% recycled polyester backer. Both with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
5.00/5 Stars out of 6 Reviews
Wenbo Li (IN) | March 2nd, 2021
Buy it. You can't go wrong
John (WV) | January 8th, 2021
Very comfortable and easy to get on with the front zipper. I have wore many times and still don't leak and the convertible system is nice on hot days
S (NC) | October 1st, 2020
These are the best waders I've worn yet. I've tried multiple Orvis waders, Simms G3 pros, and these. These Patagonia waders are by far the best I've worn. They're comfortable and quite resilient.
Matt B (UK) | May 20th, 2020
Having been wearing these waders for a few months they are proving to be a great purchase. Well thought out design and crucially they are tough. This does come at the slight cost of them being warmer than lighter weight breathable waders, but crucially after a couple o months of pushing past gorse/bramble, sliding up and down riverbanks and kneeling on the river bank... no leaks, I’m still completely dry...
Brandon Smith (Boston, MA) | April 6th, 2020
These waders are game-changers. I recently took a guided trip and the guide provided me with these waders. They make my SIMM waders just seem ho-hum. Ordering a pair here for sure. Love these things. They are premium priced but for the comfort, toughness, and longevity, it’s well worth the extra $$$.
Chris E (Stockton, NJ) | January 1st, 2020
I was fortunate to try these waders in the Fall before their release whilst on a guided trip in Australia. My guide is a Patagonia ambassador and had a pre-release zippered front pair for me to use that fit perfectly. By the end of the day, I didn't want to take the waders off. Best waders I have ever worn. Full of features....I particularly love the braces system, were the buckle slides down the braces to lower the wader when one is hot. The braces stay on, keeping the waders comfortably on your body. Having compared other high end waders with these before purchasing, I feel the competition has some catching up to do.