NEW! SAGE PAYLOAD 1090-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 10WT 9’0”
The New Sage Payload 10wt Fly Rod Outfits include the powerful, fast action Sage Payload Fly Rod, perfectly balanced with the Sage Spectrum Fly Reel, loaded with a premium RIO InTouch Outbound Short floating fly line, Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and Sage divided Cordura rod tube. All Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The New 2020 Sage Payload Fly Rods, feature a powerful taper designed for effortlessly throwing bulky flies to large predators in both fresh and saltwater. The Sage Payload 10wt is a perfect choice an as all-purpose saltwater rod for everything from stripers to tarpon and also excels as a freshwater pike/musky rod. This versatile Sage Payload 10wt is a powerhouse rod that will pick up the entire fly line in one backcast and deliver big flies into the wind, placing them exactly where intended. It will also makes easy work of picking up sinking lines and loads like a cannon to generate amazing power and distance whenever you need it.
Big fish, huge flies, windy conditions. While not always the case, these are often the situations you will face in saltwater environments when targeting large predators. With a powerful but comfortable casting action, the new Sage Payload Fly Rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and wind-resistant flies much more effectively, with less effort, helping to reduce fatigue of all day casting. Whether launching huge articulated flies to pike/musky or throwing large tarpon flies when the wind is blowing, the Sage Payload 10wt easily picks up heavy lines to make quick, long shots with just one backcast. Saltwater anglers will appreciate how easy it is to accurately punch a heavy line and bulky fly straight into the wind.
Sage Payload Fly Rods feature a very stiff, powerful fast action, delivering tight loops and higher line speeds that send bulky or weighted flies straight to their target. The stiff tip has the backbone to pick up heavy lines up off the water, while a more forgiving butt section tranfers power and feel so you don't need a fast, aggressive casting stroke - unlike many ultra stiff broomstick rods. This slightly softer butt section also allows for added leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter length allows for a more effortless and accurate cast and is ideal for casting in and around cover along the shoreline and excels from the flats skiff. The Sage Payload is guaranteed to be your go-to rod when chasing large predators.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- 10wt 9'0"
- Cork composite fighting butt with extended 3” rear grip on the 10+ and 11+ sizes
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black ballistic rod tube with embroidered logo
- 1090-4: Line: 10+ (Grain weights: 370 - 420gr)
SAGE SPECTRUM 9/10 FLY REEL
The Sage Spectrum is fully machined from T6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum and features a completely sealed Carbon SCS Drag System that is impervious to grit, sand, dust, and water. This powerful drag system is so incredibly smooth, you’d expect it to be a much more expensive reel. The true large arbor design yields a faster line pick up, while a concave spool surface allows additional backing capacity for stalking larger species.
This Spectrum 9/10 reel is a perfect choice for any 9wt or 10wt rod targeting pike/musky, bonefish, redfish, snook, roosterfish, smaller tarpon and general saltwater fishing for whatever cruises by. Sage Spectrum Fly Reels are a best performance value and will provide years of flawless performance. It is powerful, durable, and yet ultra lightweight to balance today’s modern fly rods. You can rest assured that no matter how big your catch is, the Sage Spectrum is up to the task and will provide years of maintenance free performance and reliability in both fresh and saltwater.
- Completely sealed Carbon SCS Drag System
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Machined and anodized aluminum ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
RIO INTOUCH OUTBOUND SHORT FLOATING FLY LINE
RIO InTouch OutBound Short Fly Lines are the best tool on the planet for launching bulky, weighted flies in windy conditions. RIO InTouch Outbound Short lines shred the wind and are designed to load fast action rods deeply for maximum power and very long distances. Built with RIOs ultra-low stretch ConnectCore Technology and a short, aggressive front taper, Outbound Short lines throw large, weighted streamers easily, while the powerful head design loads rods deeply and efficiently for effortless casts. Each line features RIO’s XS Technology for super slick performance, and is built with a supple, coldwater coating that ensures the line remains tangle-free. The Rio InTouch Outbound Short is a versatile line appropriate for both fresh and saltwater applications.
- Ultra low-stretch ConnectCore Technology for maximum performance
- Heavy, front loaded head to effortlessly cast large flies and load fast action rods
- Designed for windy conditions and effortless distance
- XS Technology for a super slick coating shoots line further and repels dirt
- Welded front and rear loops for fast rigging and leader changes