NEW! SAGE PAYLOAD 789-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 7WT 8'9"
The New Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits include the powerful, fast action Sage Payload Fly Rod, perfectly balanced with the Sage Spectrum Fly Reel, loaded with a premium RIO InTouch Outbound Short floating fly line,, Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and Sage divided Cordura rod tube. All Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The New 2020 Sage Payload Fly Rods, feature a powerful taper and design for chasing larger fish with big flies in fresh or saltwater conditions. The Sage Payload 7wt 8'9" is one of our favorites weight and length for targeting bass in the rivers or lakes, or the ultralight saltwater angler for smaller bonefish, and redfish. The 7wt Payload is perfect to add a sinking line and heavy fly to target the larger fish especially if you are a river smallmouth or big brown stream junkie.
Big fish, huge flies, windy conditions. While not always the case, this rule does ring true for many warm water and saltwater fisheries with anglers casting larger flies than ever before. With a powerful and stiff fast action, the new Payload series of rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and big flies more effectively. Whether launching a double-articulated streamer to the far bank with the 689-4 or dredging the Sacramento Delta with the 989-4, anglers will notice how easily the Payload rods launch a heavy line and large flies with authority.
Featuring a fast action for casting large flies and very powerful tip to help pick up heavy lines off the water, the Payload is tuned for the extreme. These powerful mid sections then transition to a more forgiving butt that allows for a slower and more relaxed casting stroke that generates impressive power and reduces fatigue. This softer butt section also allows for more leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter lengths offer more effortless power and is better for landing fish out of a boat over a traditional 9’0” rod.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black ballistic rod tube with embroidered logo
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM 7/8 FLY REEL
The Sage Spectrum is fully machined from T6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum and features a completely sealed Carbon SCS Drag System that is impervious to grit, sand, dust, and water. This powerful drag system is so incredibly smooth, you’d expect it to be a much more expensive reel. The true large arbor design yields a faster line pick up, while a concave spool surface allows additional backing capacity for stalking larger species.
This Spectrum 7/8 reel is a perfect choice for any 7wt or 8wt rod targeting largemouth bass, steelhead, big browns, bonefish, redfish, and general saltwater fishing. Sage Spectrum reels are a best performance value and will provide years of flawless performance. It is powerful, durable, and yet ultra lightweight to balance today’s modern fly rods. You can rest assured that no matter how big your catch is, the Sage Spectrum is up to the task and will provide years of maintenance free performance and reliability in both fresh and saltwater.
- Completely sealed Carbon SCS Drag System
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Machined and anodized aluminum ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
RIO INTOUCH OUTBOUND SHORT FLOATING FLY LINE
RIO InTouch OutBound Short Fly Lines are the best tool on the planet for launching bulky, weighted flies in windy conditions. RIO InTouch Outbound Short lines shred the wind and are designed to load fast action rods deeply for maximum power and very long distances. Built with RIOs ultra-low stretch ConnectCore Technology and a short, aggressive front taper, Outbound Short lines throw large, weighted streamers easily, while the powerful head design loads rods deeply and efficiently for effortless casts. Each line features RIO’s XS Technology for super slick performance, and is built with a supple, coldwater coating that ensures the line remains tangle-free.
- Ultra low-stretch ConnectCore Technology for maximum performance
- Heavy, front loaded head to effortlessly cast large flies and load fast action rods
- Designed for windy conditions and effortless distance
- XS Technology for a super slick coating shoots line further and repels dirt
- Welded front and rear loops for fast rigging and leader changes