NEW! SAGE PAYLOAD 889-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 8WT 8'9"
The New Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits include the powerful, fast action Sage Payload Fly Rod, perfectly balanced with the Sage Spectrum Fly Reel, loaded with a premium RIO InTouch Outbound Short floating fly line, Dacron backing, SA Tapered Leader, and Sage divided Cordura rod tube. All Sage Payload Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally rigged and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
Sage Payload Fly Rods, new for 2020, feature a powerful taper and design for targeting larger species with bulky flies in both fresh or saltwater applications. The Sage Payload 8wt 8'9" delivers the raw power and accuracy perfect for chasing bonefish on the flats, redfish in the backcountry, and largemouth bass or carp in freshwater lakes and ponds. Whenever windy conditions limit your casting distance or accuracy, the Sage Payload is the rod you want in your hand. The Payload rods will pick up heavy sinking lines in one backcast to load the rod deeply and deliver your fly with authority, into the wind, at longer distances than you ever thought possible. Even if you already own an all-purpose 8wt rod, the Sage Payload is a unique power tool for any situation where your current 8wt is simply not up to the task.
Big fish, huge flies, windy conditions. While not always the case, these are often the situations you will face in warmwater and saltwater environments when targeting large predators. With a powerful but comfortable casting action, the new Sage Payload Fly Rods are designed to help anglers cast those heavy lines and big flies more effectively, with much less effort. Whether launching a double-articulated streamer for big browns with the Payload 7wt or making long, quick shots to cruising tarpon with the Payload 11wt, anglers will appreciate how easy it is to accurately punch a heavy line and bulky fly straight into the wind.
Sage Payload Fly Rods feature a very stiff, powerful fast action, delivering tight loops and higher line speeds that send bulky or weighted flies straight to their target. The stiff tip has the backbone to pick up heavy lines up off the water, while a more forgiving butt section tranfers power and feel so you don't need a fast, agressive casting stroke - like many ultra stiff broomstick rods. This slightly softer butt section also allows for added leverage while fighting fish, making it easier to gain ground on hard fighting species. The slightly shorter length allows for a more effortless and accurate cast and is ideal for casting in and around cover along the shoreline and excels from the drift boat. The Sage Payload is guaranteed to be your go-to rod when chasing large predators.
- Tailored for casting large or wind resistant flies
- Increased pick-up of heavy line off the water
- More leverage for fighting powerful fish
- 8wt 8'9"
- Konnetic Technology
- Tannin blank color
- Burgundy primary thread wraps with Bronze trim wraps
- Tangle Free Fuji ceramic stripper guides
- Oversized hard chromed snake guides and tip-top
- Heavy duty aluminum up-locking reel seat to withstand rugged environments
- Super Plus full-wells cork handle
- Black ballistic rod tube with embroidered logo
- 889-4: Line: 8+ (Grains: 270 - 320gr) - Minnows, clousers, whistlers, and poppers
SAGE SPECTRUM 7/8 FLY REEL
The Sage Spectrum is fully machined from T6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum and features a completely sealed Carbon SCS Drag System that is impervious to grit, sand, dust, and water. This powerful drag system is so incredibly smooth, you’d expect it to be a much more expensive reel. The true large arbor design yields a faster line pick up, while a concave spool surface allows additional backing capacity for stalking larger species.
This Spectrum 7/8 reel is a perfect choice for any 7wt or 8wt rod targeting largemouth bass, steelhead, big browns, bonefish, redfish, and general saltwater fishing. Sage Spectrum reels are a best performance value and will provide years of flawless performance. It is powerful, durable, and yet ultra lightweight to balance today’s modern fly rods. You can rest assured that no matter how big your catch is, the Sage Spectrum is up to the task and will provide years of maintenance free performance and reliability in both fresh and saltwater.
- Completely sealed Carbon SCS Drag System
- One Revolution Drag Knob with numbered and detented settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Machined and anodized aluminum ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Neoprene and embroidered ballistic nylon reel case
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
RIO INTOUCH OUTBOUND SHORT FLOATING FLY LINE
RIO InTouch OutBound Short Fly Lines are the best tool on the planet for launching bulky, weighted flies in windy conditions. RIO InTouch Outbound Short lines shred the wind and are designed to load fast action rods deeply for maximum power and very long distances. Built with RIOs ultra-low stretch ConnectCore Technology and a short, aggressive front taper, Outbound Short lines throw large, weighted streamers easily, while the powerful head design loads rods deeply and efficiently for effortless casts. Each line features RIO’s XS Technology for super slick performance, and is built with a supple, coldwater coating that ensures the line remains tangle-free.
- Ultra low-stretch ConnectCore Technology for maximum performance
- Heavy, front loaded head to effortlessly cast large flies and load fast action rods
- Designed for windy conditions and effortless distance
- XS Technology for a super slick coating shoots line further and repels dirt
- Welded front and rear loops for fast rigging and leader changes