SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH ANADRO FLY LINE
If you’re anything like us, the allure of big fish and big rivers is intoxicating. That’s precisely why Scientific Anglers created the Amplitude Smooth Anadro/Nymph. Designed with line control in mind, its extended rear taper allows you to cast a mile, mend with authority, and turn over nearly any rig imaginable—from dredging double nymphs to larger dry-dropper concoctions. Steelhead, salmon, and trout won’t know what hit them. The Amplitude Smooth series of lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, this will change the way you look at fly line performance.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Long rear taper for extended line control and long-distance casting; the best nymphing taper we offer
- An unbelievable indicator line for nymphing up trout and bass or swinging flies for steelhead and salmon; excellent for double-nymph rigs or hopper-droppers
- Overweighted by 1.5 sizes to assist in turning over heavy rigs; use designated line weight for your rod
- Use one size heavy for switch rods
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core
|LINE WEIGHT||HEAD LENGTH||TOTAL LENGTH||GRAIN WEIGHT*|
|WF-4-F||60.0’ / 18,3m||100.0’ / 30,5m||150gr / 9,7g|
|WF-5-F||60.0’ / 18,3m||100.0’ / 30,5m||175gr / 11,3g|
|WF-6-F||60.0’ / 18,3m||100.0’ / 30,5m||200gr / 13,0g|
|WF-7-F||61.0’ / 18,6m||100.0’ / 30,5m||225gr / 14,6g|
|WF-8-F||62.0’ / 18,9m||100.0’ / 30,5m||260gr / 16,8g|
|WF-9-F||63.0’ / 19,2m||100.0’ / 30,5m||305gr / 19,8g|
* Grain weight for the first 30′
5.00/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
Frans Jooste (Amsterdam) | May 4th, 2020
Initially bought it for chasing pike on my 7wt, but quickly realised it isn't a quick fire streamer line. The long taper casts really well and the overweight head does carry larger streamers, but you do need to have some line out before it starts loading correctly. So although it might not be the streamer line I thought, it mends like a dream and is therefore a great nymphing line that will also allow you to swing some streamers at distance, should you wish to do so.
Jim Paluh (PA) | April 12th, 2020
Paired with a 7 weight Loomis NRX+ was perfect for casting even heavy rigs in Lake Erie tribs for steelhead and smallmouth. Could throw a float, several split shot & large streamer. The other great feature was it mends better than any other line I have used. The color scheme with the orange tip was highly visible and practical not to mention how cool it looks. Put it through the paces 6 times with fish up to 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks & am very pleased.