SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH TROUT FLY LINE
There’s a sipper 40 feet away and he looks like he’s eating tricos. The natural rhythms of the rise and the river begin to make sense, so you ready yourself to cast. In that moment, you shouldn’t be thinking about your fly line, because you should trust it implicitly. In that moment, you need the Amplitude Smooth Trout taper. Featuring our unparalleled AST Plus slickness additive, the Amplitude Smooth Trout is designed specifically for precise presentations and those who love dry flies. The Amplitude Smooth series of lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, this will change the way you look at fly line performance.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- Excels in medium-to-long distances with dry flies and smaller nymphs; wonderful on glass and bamboo
- The best smooth, true-to-grain-weight line for casting small dry flies to picky risers
- Designed specifically for chasing trout; also useful for grayling and panfish
- Elongated front taper is designed for delicate presentations
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core
|LINE WEIGHT||HEAD LENGTH||TOTAL LENGTH||GRAIN WEIGHT*|
|WF-2-F||64.0’ / 19,5m||90.0’ / 27,5m||80gr / 5,2g|
|WF-3-F||64.0’ / 19,5m||90.0’ / 27,5m||100gr / 6,5g|
|WF-4-F||66.0’ / 20,1m||90.0’ / 27,5m||120gr / 7,8g|
|WF-5-F||68.0’ / 20,7m||90.0’ / 27,5m||140gr / 9,1g|
|WF-6-F||70.0’ / 21,3m||90.0’ / 27,5m||160gr / 10,4g|
|WF-7-F||72.0’ / 21,9m||90.0’ / 27,5m||185gr / 12,0g|
* Grain weight for the first 30′
5.00/5 Stars out of 4 Reviews
Curt Mason (Northern California) | September 15th, 2019
Best casting line I had ever tried. Super smooth through the guides with little fiction. Love it with my Douglas 4w 9'. Expensive fly line that will perform well and last, worth the price. SA is owned by Orvis, so similar line quality and technology.
Scott Montrose (Santa Rosa CA) | August 9th, 2019
This fly line from scientific anglers is great! Casts easily with my two weight echo carbon flyrod and TFO reel.
Ryan (Arizona) | August 5th, 2019
Probably the best fly line for trout fishing I have used. I fish it with a sage x 9’6” rod and can cast farther than before. Great product.
jaran chesser (NM) | August 1st, 2019
This line is an absolute dream for my 9’ 5wt recon. SA definitely knows what they are doing when it comes to a reliable fly line. Will buy again.