- All-new cutting edge rod components you won't currently find anywhere else:
- New CeRecoil stripping guides with nickel titanium frames and super slick Zirconia inserts
- Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance
- Guide sets are PVD coated in a low reflective coating for even greater durability and stealth
- Reel seats milled from aircraft grade aluminum with self-indexing slide hoods and extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings
- Premium Flor grade cork grips are turned to our modified wells shape
- New fighting butts feature a thick soft rubber for greater comfort in tough fights
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION R 5/6 FLY REEL : 5-6WT
The Ross Reels Evolution R Reel is a redesigned version of the very popular Evolution LT. Lighter weight and a new industry first drag design, the Ross Evolution R is going to be your #1 freshwater fly reel.
The Evolution R is not only lightweight, but also incredibly rigid and durable, with a unique geometry that is as functional as it is stylish. The innovative shape of the ultra-large arbor spool is engineered to force the even winding of the line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved - something never before seen in a fly reel.
The new drag design is also an industry first: a fully sealed, bonded proprietary carbon fluoropolymer and stainless-steel interface that delivers smooth power in a lightweight, compact package. Start-up inertia is virtually non-existent to protect the most delicate of tippets. The Evolution R’s extremely wide range of brake adjustment also manages to produce some of the highest drag pressure found in any fly reel.
This all is controlled by a subtle yet striking, frame-integrated drag knob that blends perfectly into the form of the reel. Its solid grip allows for easy manipulation of settings - even while wearing gloves. Couple this with the canvas phenolic handle, first introduced by Ross Reels, the on-the-water functionality of the Evolution R is second to none.
- Industry leading power-to-weight ratio in a fully sealed drag system
- Proprietary carbon fiber and machined stainless-steel disc stack
- Fully machined canvas phenolic handle, on a 7075-T6 chromated aluminum post
- Type II anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Covered by Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 5.03oz
- Diameter: 3.78”
- Width: 0.97”
- Capacity: WF6/90yds