ORVIS CLEARWATER SPEY 14'0" 9WT FLY ROD OUTFIT : 1409-4
Orvis Clearwater Spey Fly Rod Outfits include the Orvis Clearwater Spey Fly Rod, Orvis Battenkill Disc Fly Reel, Orvis Hydros Spey floating fly line, Dacron backing, Orvis tapered leader, and Orvis cordura rod tube. All Orvis Clearwater Spey Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
Brave the famed waters of Russia's Ponoi or Norway's Gaula with this burly 14-foot 9-weight rod at your side. Rigged with either Skagit or Scandinavian lines, this lightweight rod has the backbone to make tough casts in windy conditions. Big water is no longer an element to be feared.
Simply put, fishing big water with big fly rods requires a lot of effort. Why not make it easier and more affordable? Clearwater Spey rods provide high-end performance at an excellent price, giving you the back-saving ease of two-handed casting with wallet-saving benefits. Now you can chase steelhead across the country and still have enough gas money to make it back home. Designed in Manchester, Vermont.
- Helios technology delivers smooth, easy casting medium-fast action
- Gunsmoke anodizes aluminum reel seat
- Emerald green graphite blank with dark olive wraps, silver accents
- Chrome snake guides and quality stripping guides
- Fighting butt handle for added leverage
- Includes green Cordura tube with divided interior
- Tapers designed in Manchester, Vermont
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year Warranty Guarantee
ORVIS BATTENKILL V FLY REEL : 9-11WT
The Orvis Battenkill V Fly Reel is purposely thought out for the spey and switch angler. These highly durable and classic click and pawl fly reels will give you the most enjoyment while swinging for steelhead or salmon. The Orvis Battenkill V Fly Reel is for 9-11wt fly rods, or if you are using any switch or spey rod from a 8wt up to 11wt this is the perfect size for you. The Orvis Battenkill Fly Reel has been in the fly fishing industry for generations. Orvis has updated the new Battenkill to feature a new 4 position internal click and pawl drag system and increased the spool size. Simple design and flawless construction make this the perfect click-and-pawl fly reel for nearly any freshwater fishing situation. A minimalist's dream, the all-new Battenkill features a classically styled, yet technically enhanced, four-position click-and-pawl drag system that is adjusted internally and is designed to work in tandem with the palm of your hand on those sizzling, screaming runs.
Constructed with a narrow spool for less line stacking on retrieve and a larger spool diameter for higher line retrieval rates. The ultra-lightweight fly reel design balances perfectly on shorter rods. Machined from heavy-duty bar-stock aluminum for added durability. Easily adjustable left- or right-hand retrieve. Highlighted by laser-engraved logos and a cool black nickel color.
- 4 Position Internal Click and Pawl Drag System
- Larger Spool Diameter
- Constructed of Machined Bar-Stock Aluminum
- Battenkill V for line weights 9-11, 9.5 oz., 4" diameter
- Orvis Line ID for easy line identification
- Integrated Slickness Technology reduces friction to shoot line further
- Welded front and rear loops for easy rigging changes
- Color: Green/Orange
- Shooting Head 28'-37' length
- Running line 100' length
- Made in USA
- 5 weight= 390 grain
- 6 weight= 420 grain
- 7 weight=465 grain
- 8 weight= 525 grain
- 9 weight= 625 grain