ORVIS RECON 843-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 8'4" 3WT
The Orvis Recon 843-4 fly rod is an exceptional small stream rod for trout and panfish. This Recon 3wt is a super smooth casting rod with amazing line feel. The Recon 3wt presents a beautiful dry fly in close and at long distance, excels with nymph fishing pocket water, yet has the reserve power to throw small streamers with accuracy. This is an awesome small stream rod that is a joy to cast and will put a big smile on your face everytime you hook up.
Orvis Recon fly rods are each hand crafted with a completely new ferrule design, a stealthy shadow green blank, and heavy-duty black nickel hardware. The Recon 8'4" 3wt is highly responsive, with amazing line feel. and a super sensitive tip that will protect light tippets. Recon rods incorporate new graphite and resin technology that delivers smooth power combined with amazing accuracy. This versatile 3wt is is a smooth, responsive casting rod that is forgiving enough to correct for variables in your casting stroke, making any angler a better caster.
- Shadow green blank with black nickel reel seat and dark burl wood insert
- Heavy-duty black nickel hardware
- 7" half wells grip
- Silver snake and stripping guides
- Rod tube with cloth rod sock
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year guarantee
- Hand crafted in the USA
The Orvis Hydros SL II will be the perfect match for any 3-5wt fly rod used for lightweight trout and spring creek fishing. At 5.6 oz, this reel will balance any of today's lighter weight fly rods. Orvis Hydros SL Fly Reels are machined from bar-stock aluminum and feature a buttery-smooth drag startup and a narrower spool both increasing line pickup while reducing line stacking. The lightweight frame and spool, fully sealed drag, and best-in-class line pickup per revolution make the Hydros SL one of the best reels for the money in durability, drag system, and weight. From trout to saltwater flats, the Orvis Hydros SL will match any fishing application and has the stopping power for larger species.
- Super-Large arbor for up to 12% increased retrieval from older Hydros Models
- Fully sealed drag-clutch bearing
- Nearly 3X stronger drag with zero start-up inertia
- Narrow spool helps eliminate line stacking
- Improved tolerances for smooth operation
- Increased backing capacity
- Outstanding performance across a broad range of conditions
- Mid-length head for power and presentation
- Braided multifilament core
- Integrated Slickness Technology for maximum distance, performance, and durability
- Orvis Line ID to quickly and easily identify your line
- Welded loops on both the front and back of the line ensure fast, easy rigging