ORVIS SUPERFINE GLASS 6'6" 2WT FLY ROD OUTFIT : 662-3
Orvis Superfine Glass Fly Rod Outfits include the Orvis Superfine Glass Fly Rod, Orvis Battenkill I Fly Reel, quality Orvis Superfine Trout floating fly line, Dacron backing, Orvis Tapered Leader, Orvis Recon premium aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Orvis Superfine Glass Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Orvis Superfine Glass Fly Rods series features a new and improved fiberglass blank construction designed to deliver flies at close range with the traditional feel. The Superfine Glass fly rod was voted the best fiberglass rod by Fly Fisherman magazine. Fiberglass fly rods are about feel, accurate casting, and that classic bend, and the Superfine Glass delivers these all perfectly. Ideal for small creeks and rivers and close-range casting, Superfine Glass fiberglass fly rods allow you to deliver the fly line with great delicacy and fight fish with fine tippets. This Superfine Glass is the ultimate fiberglass fly rod for classic anglers.
Get ready to change the way you feel. We've applied modern Orvis taper design principles to a classic rod-building material to produce a 2-weight fiberglass fly rod that's smooth and slow, yet crisp and strong. The Superfine Glass throws dry flies with a balanced touch and will even sling streamers when necessary. With unsanded S-2 fiberglass blanks, uplocking cork and silver reel seats, and a hard chrome Litewire stripping guide, no details were spared in the making of this soon-to-be classic. Proudly made in Manchester, Vermont.
- S2 Fiberglass Blank Construction
- Color Blank: Moss Green with Brown Wraps
- Uplocking Cork with Polished Silver Reel Seat
- Super-Grade Cork Handle
- Chrome Finish Guides
- Unsanded Fiberglass Rod tube and sock
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year Warranty
ORVIS BATTENKILL I FLY REEL : 1-3WT
The Orvis Battenkill I Reel gives small stream anglers the perfect combination of high quality, modern machining without the added weight of an unnecessary drag system. The Battenkill I Reel is simplicity exemplified and perfected. The Orvis Battenkill Fly Reel has been in the fly fishing industry for generations. Orvis has updated the new Battenkill to feature a new 4 position internal click and pawl drag system and increased the spool size. Simple design and flawless construction make this the perfect click-and-pawl fly reel for nearly any freshwater fishing situation. A minimalist's dream, the all-new Battenkill features a classically styled, yet technically enhanced, four-position click-and-pawl drag system that is adjusted internally and is designed to work in tandem with the palm of your hand on those sizzling, screaming runs
Constructed with a narrow spool for less line stacking on retrieve and a larger spool diameter for higher line retrieval rates. The ultra-lightweight fly reel design balances perfectly on shorter rods. Machined from heavy-duty bar-stock aluminum for added durability. Easily adjustable left- or right-hand retrieve. Highlighted by laser-engraved logos and a cool black nickel color.
- Attractive black nickel finish
- 4 position click-and-pawl drag system
- Beautiful, classical styling
- Narrow spool results in less line stacking
- Large spool diameter for high retrieval rate
- Ultralight weight design balances with shorter rods
- Easily adjustable left- or right-hand retrieve
- Laser-engraved logos
- Machined from heavy-duty bar-stock aluminium
- Backed by the Orvis 25-year Guarantee
- Designed to enhance Superfine Glass and Carbon rods
- Delicate presentations, tight loops, and easy line management
- Weight forward taper
- Orvis Line ID for easy identification
- Braided multifilament core
- Integrated Slickness Technology for maximum distance, performance and durability
- Sleek, low profile welded loop for fast rigging changes
- Willow colored head for stealth presentations