PATAGONIA FOOT TRACTOR DANNER WADING BOOTS, RUBBER
Built in Portland, Ore. With full-grain leather and stitchdown construction, these boots are made to be resoled and recrafted as they age, keeping them in the stream for many years to come. We believe they're the last wading boots you'll ever need to buy.
The best wading boots need to be ultra-comfortable and supportive for long days in heavy water. They should grip subsurface terrain, muddy trails and the occasional cross-stream log. They must drain quickly and avoid holding excess water. And on top of being tough as nails, they need a lifetime measured in decades. Finally, as we all agreed, not looking like Frankenstein boots would be a plus. Once we knew exactly what we wanted, the world-renowned Danner Boots came into the frame. We combined our fly-fishing experience with Danner’s legendary quality and craftsmanship to create a wading boot beyond all others—each one proudly made by hand (with imported parts) in Portland, Oregon. Their flexible, waterproof full-grain leather provides foot-conforming comfort, support and protection, while stitch-down construction creates a wide, stable base that’s easily resoled when the need arises. The adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle when wading on uneven surfaces and helps lock the heel in place. And speaking of soles, when we say “sticky rubber,” we mean sticky, as in Vibram Idrogrip, which compresses into the natural nooks and crannies of submerged rock for serious grip. They’re the best boots we’ve ever made, and we believe they’re the last ones you’ll ever need to buy. Soles accept studs for additional traction.
- Waterproof full-grain leather treated with a PFC-free saline solution tanning process for improved resistance to breakdown, even in salt water; the leather can be reconditioned as necessary. Tough 1,000-denier nylon paneling provides excellent abrasion resistance
- Upper is stitched to 5mm rubber midsole for stability underfoot; a second, lower midsole is made from water-resistant polyether polyurethane that adds additional comfort and support
- Adjustable lacing system has traditional eyelets across the forefoot and speed lacing through the ankle; the speed lacing provides easy tightening, supports the ankle and helps lock the heel in place
- Perforated drains on both sides of boot upper clear water quickly; for faster dry times, upper design is free from unnecessary foams and backer
- Stitch-down construction creates a wider platform for more stability, helps protect the boot sidewall and allows the boots to be resoled by Danner
- Vibram Idrogrip sole compound specially developed for maximum grip on wet surfaces; the sole offers great all-around traction for long approaches and mixed streambed footing such as rock, gravel and mud
- 2461 g (86.8 oz)
- Upper: full-grain leather with 1,000-denier 100% nylon paneling.
- Lining: 67% polyester/33% nylon.
- Top midsole: 8IR rubber.
- Lower midsole: polyether polyurethane.
- Outsole: Vibram Idrogrip
Danner boots are built to accommodate additional layers such as wader booties or socks, so we suggest choosing your regular street-shoe size. Foot Tractor Boots work with thicker wader booties or socks; If you want to wear them with thin wader booties or if you’re wet-wading, please size down
Currently Viewing Reviews with a rating of 5. Click here to reset.
5.00/5 Stars out of 9 Reviews
Steve (NY) | August 3rd, 2021
Went from Orvis Pro boots to these. No comparison. The Tractor Danners are incredibly comfortable and provide me with great support without the bulky padding around the ankles. Have not had to use studs so far as the traction has been excellent
Andy (MA) | May 18th, 2021
Unparalleled Boot! excellent quality, great grip and super comfy for all day wear. I spend about 100 days on the river a year for work and play and these are worth every penny. Stick to the sizing suggestions from Patagonia, I wear a 13 in street shoes and a size 13 of these fits great while wearing stockingfoot waders!
Marc Bonilla (MD) | May 3rd, 2021
These are the best damn boots money can buy.
Ryan (PDX) | February 22nd, 2021
Build quality is very nice. Make sure to size up from your standard sneaker size.
Woodrow (Madison WI) | February 20th, 2021
Boots are of immaculate build quality and construction, and the most comfy boot I've owned in my appx. 10 years of wearing fishing boots. I wear a size 9 street shoe and fit a size 10 Danner boot with waders. I haven't owned them for that long, but with some punishing days on the water they still look and feel new. My big draw was that when they are worn out and beat up, I intend to send them in to Danner for repairs. I do recommend.
David (Utah) | January 19th, 2021
Quality, you get what you pay for. I expect these to last years, unlike my previous boots which lasted 3 trips. Most comfortable boots that I've used yet.
Travis (Ohio) | January 11th, 2021
Built for the long haul. Great pair of wading boots. Most comfortable wading boots I own. Look and feel very similar to boots that I wear on a daily occasion but that’s for another conversation. Excellent job Danner!
Chad Kruse (IA) | December 23rd, 2020
You get what you pay for. Hands down the most comfortable wading boots I have ever worn. The rubber traction is very good. I have yet to use the aluminum studs that come with the boot. Made in USA.
Andrea Kennedy (Michigan) | July 24th, 2020
I am a small woman, typically wear size 6 in ladies shoes. I ordered the size 5 in this and it was perfect. Size 5 does not appear in the drop down menu but the awesome staff at RFR are able to call in the order and make sure you get your points. I love these so much I just ordered my husband a pair too. Hopefully the last boots we ever own if we use Patagonia’s repair service along the way.