PATAGONIA SST WADING JACKET
The Patagonia SST Wading Jacket is simply the best jacket on the market and an iconic jacket among hardcore anglers around the globe. This newest SST version features the H2No® Performance Standard Technology profvides the ultimate waterproof protection and breathability to keep you dry and comfortable in the worst conditions that mother nature can dish out.
The latest generation of the iconic SST Jacket features a more modern silhouette. Made from H2No® Performance Standard 3-layer nylon double ripstop with a waterproof/breathable barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, the SST is rugged yet remarkably light. It has an integrated hood with single-pull adjustment, a waterproof, corrosion-resistant YKK® Vislon® Aquaguard® main zipper, and waterproof, corrosion-resistant YKK Aquaguard zippers on the front handwarmer pockets and large back stash pocket. The now-classic large, bellowed chest pockets (with tool docks on the outside of the each pocket) are fully taped, waterproof and set high for deep wading. The left chest pocket has an interior drop-in tippet pocket, and the right chest pocket has an interior stash pocket. Small tabs keep the chest pockets streamlined against the body when not in use.
A double belt loop on the back allows you to cinch your wading belt over the jacket and waders, creating a nearly waterproof seal for greater safety in the event of a spill. Streamlined reverse StretchCoat® cuffs lie flat, resist line snagging and seal out water. Further details include Y-Joint sleeves with anatomically curved elbows, two utility loops for tool attachment at the center front, and a Beastie D-ring on the back. The SST is our shortest-length fishing jacket, two inches shorter than the River Salt.
- Lightweight, durable and highly breathable 3-layer nylon double ripstop with a waterproof/breathable H2No® Performance Standard barrier and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish; all seams are sealed
- Integrated hood with single-pull adjustment
- Waterproof, corrosion-resistant YKK® Vislon® Aquaguard® main zipper; waterproof, corrosion-resistant YKK® Aquaguard® zippers on handwarmer and back stash pockets
- Large bellowed chest pockets are fully taped, waterproof and set high for wading, with drop-in tippet pocket inside the left and zippered stash pocket inside the right; both chest pockets have exterior tool docks; two zippered handwarmer pockets; large back stash pocket
- Reverse StretchCoat cuffs; Y-Joint sleeves and anatomically curved elbows
- Two utility loops for tool attachment at center front; Beastie D-ring on back; double belt loop on lower back
- Drawcord at hem; fabric at hem is mesh to allow for drainage
5.00/5 Stars out of 2 Reviews
CLMRP wuxiaowei | November 17th, 2021
This Patagonia SST Jacket is great for cold weather fishing. I wear a medium in pretty much every jacket and this one fits true to size.You want to wear this outside of your waders so you want something long enough to keep water out of the waders, but something short enough to stay out of the way if you are deep wading. Patagonia has been making jackets for a long time and it shows in the SST.
Ryan Watson (PNW) | October 3rd, 2021
This is the last jacket you’ll ever need to buy. It’s high quality and surprisingly warm. It does have a short cut so it sits higher. It’s definitely waterproof and you’ll stay bone dry even in a monsoon. The fit is standard and I’d say cut a little roomy in the arms and shoulders. I use this as a winter wading jacket so I bought one size up to accommodate thick layers. I’m 6’ w/ a 40” chest and normally where a medium and opted for a large. No regrets awesome minimalist jacket.