NEW! WINSTON AIR 2 690-4 FLY ROD : 6WT 9'0"
New for the season, the Winston Air 2 Fly Rods represents the very best in fly rod design after more than 88 years of rod making. The first thing you notice when you pick up the Air is how light this rod is. This is due to the new S-2000 carbon fiber technology and the new HSR resin for a lighter, faster recovery rate while casting. These rods have the broadest casting range of any fly rods Winston has ever designed. The AIR 2 can do anything – present tiny dry flies to wary trout on flat water, cast a heavy streamer to the far bank in the wind, launch the entire line when you need it, and make quick, accurate close-range shots. From high stick nymphing, pounding the banks from the boat, or wet wading, the new AIR 2 is a pack rod, a travel rod, a beautiful rod, and an all-around rod.
This Winston AIR 2 690-4 fly rod is the perfect choice as an all-purpose trout and smallmouth bass rod on medium to large rivers. The 6wt AIR 2 delivers buttery smooth power and is a true pleasure to cast. This AIR 2 6wt will toss streamers to the bank and launch bass poppers in the wind. This versatile 6wt will do it all medium to large rivers and makes a great pond/lake rod.
- A New taper design that provides a faster, progressive all-around action. Extremely light, yet powerful.
- Introducing S-2000 a next generation high modulus graphite material for faster recovery speed and smoothness
- New Boron Configuration for enhanced power and energy transfer.
- New Winston-designed cigar grip for better “feel” through the casting stroke
- The Custom HSR (High Strain Rate) resin provides an even faster recovery rate that adds a modern feel, is more durable, and provides greater part strength and less weight.
- The new light wire shooting Snake Guides have a smaller profile with new ECO slick coating and a Round Helix geometry that reduces line friction and produces added energy, accuracy, and distance management.
- Weight: 6WT
- Length: 9'0"
- Guides: Light wire Hard Chrome ECO Slick Coating Shooting Guides
- Reel Seat: Uplocking Nickel Silver with Burled Wood insert
- Storage: Premium graphite rod tube with logo rod sock