THOMAS & THOMAS SEXTANT 909-4 FLY ROD ; 9'0" 9WT
The Thomas & Thomas Sextant 909-4 is the ultimate saltwater fly rod for the true saltwater enthusiasts. Saltwater anglers now have their perfect rod for every occasion. The Sextant 909-4 fly rod offers a crisp fast action and powerful casts while still being a super lightweight rod. Ideal for those long days on the flats chasing bonefish and permit. Although the Sextant 909-4 is the flagship saltwater rod it also doubles as a great pike and salmon/steelhead rod as well. The Thomas & Thomas Sextant fly rod combines new technology and performance to continue pushing all limits of possibilities of every thing salt. The end goal of fly fishing has remained the same, but the Thomas and Thomas Sextant is seeking out an easier way to deliver fly line and doing it by adding accuracy. The hardest factor of fly fishing is presenting an artificial fly at the right time and place while trying to convince the fish to eat, the Sextant is here to help.
In saltwater fly fishing the presentation and placement are just as critical as casting a tiny dry fly to picky rising trout. But there is also a need for power not only to deliver large flies through strong winds but to also turn the heads of big fish. The Sextant fly rods are constructed to give a unique reinforced blank that enhances both strength and recovery. Featuring properties of high-performance unidirectional fibers improve the coefficient of energy that is completed through each section of the rod, resulting in a rod that loads extremely quickly and generates lightning-fast line speeds.
The combined challenges of accuracy, delicacy, and power are met with the new Thomas and Thomas Sextant series. Each rod in the Sextant series face these challenges head on providing a smooth loading, quick recovery action that allows for precise accuracy at short distances without sacrificing the power and backbone necessary for punching flies at long distances through heavy winds.
- Extra dense premium Flor grade cork grips, with
- 1.25” composite reinforcement at the top end on
- Matte Titanium finish uplocking anodized reel seat
- washers between the locking nuts
- Natural finish nickel-titanium RECoil snake guides
- Super light titanium frame stripping guides fitted
- with premium Silicon Nitride inserts. Rods 6-10wt
- feature two stripping guides. Rods 11-12wt feature
- three stripping guides
- Stealthy semi-gloss blue finish with dark blue
- primary wraps and seafoam green accent wraps
- Optimized guide spacing strategy, with lower
- stripping guide placement for increased lifting power