We are super excited about the redesign of Ross' #1 most reliable reel of all time.
Cutting through the Black Canyon on the Western Slope of Colorado, and only 10 miles from the Ross Reels factory, the storied Gunnison river inspired the name for one of the most iconic, reliable, and best-selling fly reels ever produced. As a tribute to the original aesthetics, the Gunnison Reel is designed with octagonal machining, round porting, and a leader groove on the frame. That is where the similarities part ways, as the new Gunnison represents the best in modern reel design while retaining all the reliability and ruggedness of the original.
While the unique frame geometry and spool profile echo the original Gunnison, the contemporary porting and large arbor design make this a modern, bulletproof package with retro styling. The Gunnison also has a high-performance drag based on the same platform as the new Evolution LTX, creating a reliable and powerful system impervious to the elements.
At the end of the day, replacing what was the favorite (and in many cases the first) fly reel of so many anglers is a daunting task. The original Gunnison’s legacy leaves huge shoes to fill, but the new Ross Reels Gunnison has risen to the occasion.
- Uniquely machined frame and spool reminiscent of the original Gunnison
- Machined canvas phenolic handle reduces weight and adds grip
- Made from a 6061-T6 proprietary aluminum alloy specifically engineered for Ross Reels
- Drag system based on the Evolution LTX stacked-disc system found in creating extreme pressure in a small package
- Easy conversion from left-hand to right-hand retrieve
- Perfect balance of classic design and modern machining and technology
- Backed by Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 7.36oz
- Diameter: 4.03"
- Width: 1.10"
- Capacity: WF8+150yds