Sage Motive Fly Rod Outfits include the Sage Motive Fly Rod, Sage Spectrum MAX Fly Reel, premium RIO Tarpon floating fly line, Gel Spun backing, RIO Tarpon Tapered Leader, and Sage cordura rod tube. All Sage Motive Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
Sage Motive Fly Rods were designed and constructed for saltwater anglers. The Motive is hand-crafted using the latest Graphite IIIe Technology and a new-taper design creating a smooth, powerful fast action rod that loads quickly to deliver big saltwater flies with quick accuracy. The Sage Motive will help any angler cast tight loops and longer distances. The Motive 1190-4 also performs beautifully throwing pike/musky flies, striper flies, and is the perfect big tarpon rod for long days of casting without fatique. Now you can experience high-end Sage saltwater performance at a mid level price. This versatile 11wt will be the anchor in your saltwater fly rod arsenal.
- Crisp, smooth, fast-action rod to power big flies into the wind
- Anodized reel seat & components for saltwater use
- Bluefin blue color blank
- Blue primary thread wraps with royal blue and black trim wraps
- Anodized, aluminum reel seat with hidden hook keepers
- Premium full-wells cork grip with fighting butt handle
- Blue Steel ballistic nylon rod tube with divided liner
- Backed by the Sage Lifetime Warranty
SAGE SPECTRUM MAX 11/12 FLY REEL
The Sage Spectrum Max 11/12 Reel is the Tarpon specialist from Sage. 40 detent drag settings allows you to finesse the hook set, but hammer down after 30 minutes of battling giant tarpon. The Spectrum Max 11/12 reel is also perfectly balanced to keep you casting these 11-12 weight rods all day long.
The Spectrum Max is fully machined with cold forged, tempered 6061-T6 aluminum, housing Sage's proven Sealed Carbon System (SCS) Drag. Smooth engagement and consistent, dependable, and repeatable pressure, allows you to fish with confidence knowing your tippet is protected. The SCS drag uses US made carbon to easily handle high pressure and quickly dissipates kinetic energy into thermal energy and the entire system is sealed to keep out water, sand, grit, and salt. Finished with Sage's unique porting pattern and spoke aesthetic, the Max will be your go-to reel for the full range of heavy duty fishing scenarios.
- Completely sealed, supercharged carbon SCS Drag System
- One revolution drag knob with 40 numbered settings
- Large arbor for fast line pick-up
- Concave arbor for greater strength and capacity
- Fully machined, ergonomic handle
- Easy conversion from left- to right-hand retrieve
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aerospace grade aluminum
- Cold forged and tempered for superior strength and rigidity
- Hard anodized for surface protection and corrosion resistance
RIO TARPON FLOATING FLY LINE
RIO's Tarpon floating fly line has a mid-length head, and a short, powerful front taper to easily cast typical tarpon flies with ease. The rear weight distribution easily loads powerful saltwater fly rods quickly and ensures the very best in presentation so as not to spook wary tarpon, making it the ideal all-round tarpon fly line. The line is built on tough, medium-stiff saltwater cores that will not wilt in the heat, and features a high-floating, AgentX coating for the very best in performance.
RIO Tarpon is specifically designed to throw tight, accurate loops, shoot line long distances, and turn over big saltwater flies in windy conditions. This line excels as a general purpose saltwater line and will help any angler become a better caster. Quick second shots are easy with this line because it loads rods fast and shoots easily. This line is the perfect choice for 10wt, 11wt, and 12wt saltwater fly rods.
- Powerful taper design to load rods quickly, and throw tight loops in windy conditions
- New MaxFloat Tip floats higher to reduce drag and improve visibility
- New MaxCast technology shoots line effortlessly for greater range
- Agent X technology self lubricates line to reduce friction
- DualTone for easy loading point identification
- Front abd back welded loops for fast, easy rigging changes