Scott Flex Fly Rod Outfits include the Scott Flex Fly Rod, Ross Cimarron II Fly Reel, Scientific Anglers Mastery MPX floating fly line, Dacron backing, tapered leader, and Scott cordura rod tube. All Scott Flex Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
Scott Flex fly rods were designed by taking the best qualities of the Meridian and Radian rods, combining them together, and at a much lower price. Scott Flex rods are the lightest, easiest to cast, highest performing rods in this price range. This Scott Flex 7'6" 3wt is the perfect small stream and creek rod where trees and obstacles are often present. The Flex 3wt performs beautifully presenting dry flies and swinging nymphs through deep pools. The shorter length improves accuracy and getting into perfect position to place your fly into challenging riffles.
The Scott Flex rod is so light in the hand and casts almost effortlessly. Flex rods have a medium-fast action that is a pleasure to cast. It is the perfect balance between easy casting ۷forgiveness۪ and a fast recovery to throw tight loops with ease. The powerful butt section provides quick, positive hook sets and helps you control the fish, rather than the other way around. The Scott Flex rod is one of the best performance values in fly fishing, and one of the most enjoyable rods you will ever fish!
- X-Core Technology combines advanced composite technology with cutting edge design, delivering enhanced feel, incredible stability, and unequalled performance
- Multi-Modulus design for fine-tuned flex, recovery, and power
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) reduces torque and increases strength
- Scott's trademark unfinished rod blank to preserve responsiveness and performance
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty
The new Ross Cimarron II Fly Reel is a bold and beautiful reel, that is tough, durable, and up to the task of whipping large, aggressive fish. The inspired porting design yields a lightweight, yet incredibly strong reel. Both the frame and the spool are each CNC machined to exacting tolerances from a solid piece of 6061 aerospace grade aluminum alloy, followed by a Type II anodizing process, for an attractive, indestructible finish.
The bulletproof Delrin 500AF, Teflon impregnated drag system is further bolstered by new composite materials and stainless steel components, resulting in more than twice the drag pressure of its predecessor. The new stainless steel thrust washer gives the Cimarron II the ability to withstand years of abuse while retaining a silky smooth start-up inertia that protects light tippets.
Central to the Cimarron II is an all new ruggedly designed, square-shaped drag knob that provides a strong, positive grip in all types of fishing conditions. It is constructed from a precision molded, high-performance polymer designed to withstand years of abuse. The all-new machined Delrin composite handle has an engineered hourglass shape for improved grip and control. The micro-grooved finish provides a tacky surface even in the wettest conditions. The new Cimarron II spool hub and quick-release housing are now made of fully machined aluminum that is hard anodized for increased durability and ease in exchanging spools.
The Ross Cimarron II is an amazing value in a high-performance, fully machined reel. You will not find a better engineered and tougher reel in this price range.
- Fully CNC machined to exacting standards in the USA from proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Ultra-lightweight, incredibly strong design
- Smooth, powerful Delrin 500AF, Teflon impregnated drag system
- Square drag knob makes quick, easy drag adjustments
- Type II hard anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Designed, machined, and hand-built in Montrose, CO
- Backed by the Ross Lifetime Warranty