The Scott Meridian 9'0" 8wt fly rod is the perfect choice for general saltwater use when the wind is blowing. There is no better rod than the Meridian 8wt for chasing bonefish on the flats when the wind in blowing. The Meridian is a powerful pleasure to cast because it easily slices through the wind to place your fly in the perfect spot. It also excels at tossing big poppers to hungry bass, and is an awesome choice for backcountry redfish. The Scott Meridian is designed for throwing big flies with laser precision into a stiff wind. This 8wt will be a versatile workhorse in your arsenal if you love to go after the biggest predators.
The Meridian saltwater rods are built on Scott's award winning ReAct technology to produce a series of saltwater rods that are remarkably light, and generate exceptional line speed and power in the wind. Using increased recovery speed rather than stiffness to more efficiently transfer energy, Meridian rods help you quickly make accurate casts at any distance in demanding saltwater conditions. You wil be amazed at how fast you can get the fly from your hand to the fish!
Meridian rods boast newly designed components that defy harsh saltwater environments. Scott designed a new reel seat milled from aircraft grade aluminum, featuring self-indexed slide hoods, extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings with wet hands, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black, and line weight engravings for quick rod identification.
The new fighting butt shape and transitional check ring help to quickly shed line if it gets caught on the butt by reducing sharp angles that can trap line. Stripping guides feature SiC rings in full titanium frames and Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance. These rods will perform in the salt for years. Scott focused on every detail so you can focus on the fish.
- Brings X-Core Technology together with new, complex materials and taper system to dramatically increase recovery speed
- X-Core Technology: Enhanced feel, incredible stability, and unequalled performance, combining the industry۪s most advanced composite technologies with cutting-edge design
- Mil-Spec III: Anodized reel seat and Ti titanium guides offer the highest levels of corrosion resistance.
- ARC: Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Aircraft grade aluminum non-reflective, self-indexed slide hood reel seat with line-weight engraving
- Fighting butt with unique shape to reduce sharp angles that trap line
- SiC stripping guides and Recoil nickel titanium snake guides (corrosion free)
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty