Scott Meridian Fly Rod Outfits include the Scott Meridian Fly Rod, Hatch Finatic Gen 2 Fly Reel, Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Bonefish fly line, Dacron backing, tapered leader, and Scott aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Scott Radian Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Scott Meridian 9'0" 10wt fly rod is perfect for general saltwater when the wind is blowing hard. This Meridian 10wt excels at casting to stripers, average size tarpon, pike/musky, and king salmon. The Scott Meridian is designed for throwing big flies with laser precision into a stiff wind. The Meridian 10wt will become your workhorse go-to rod to cover a wide variety of species and situations.
The Meridian saltwater rods are built on Scott's award winning ReAct technology to produce a series of saltwater rods that are remarkably light, and generate exceptional line speed and power in the wind. Using increased recovery speed rather than stiffness to more efficiently transfer energy, Meridian rods help you quickly make accurate casts at any distance in demanding saltwater conditions. You wil be amazed at how fast you can get the fly from your hand to the fish!
Meridian rods boast newly designed components that defy harsh saltwater environments. Scott designed a new reel seat milled from aircraft grade aluminum, featuring self-indexed slide hoods, extra deep knurling to easily turn lock rings with wet hands, type 3 mil-spec hard coat in non-reflective flat black, and line weight engravings for quick rod identification.
The new fighting butt shape and transitional check ring help to quickly shed line if it gets caught on the butt by reducing sharp angles that can trap line.Stripping guides feature SiC rings in full titanium frames and Recoil nickel titanium snake guides for low friction and corrosion free performance. These rods will perform in the salt for years. Scott focused on every detail so you can focus on the fish.
- Brings X-Core Technology together with new, complex materials and taper system to dramatically increase recovery speed
- X-Core Technology: Enhanced feel, incredible stability, and unequalled performance, combining the industry۪s most advanced composite technologies with cutting-edge design
- Mil-Spec III: Anodized reel seat and Ti titanium guides offer the highest levels of corrosion resistance.
- ARC: Advanced Reinforced Carbon reduces torque and increases strength.
- Aircraft grade aluminum non-reflective, self-indexed slide hood reel seat with line-weight engraving
- Fighting butt with unique shape to reduce sharp angles that trap line
- SiC stripping guides and Recoil nickel titanium snake guides (corrosion free)
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty
HATCH FINATIC 9 PLUS GEN 2 FLY REEL : 9-11WT
he Hatch Finatic 9 Plus GEN 2 Fly Reel bridges the need for a single reel that can quick cast to bones and still stop a screaming tarpon. The Finatic 9 Plus GEN 2 is a masterpiece of USA fully machined craftsmanship, right down to the reel seat and perfectly suited for 9-11 weight rods. The Gen 2 series features a new drag system seal along with stainless-steel drag housing for a more enhanced usage. All Hatch fly reels feature a fully sealed drag cassette containing a stacked Rulon multi-disc drag system that allows maximum braking pressure and faster heat dispersion. This innovated type of design is created to eliminate start up inertia when the fish is hooked and reduce stick slip problems while you are battling the fish on the reel. Each Hatch fly reel comes with its own hook guard on the frame, a precise counterbalance on the spool, and a positive frame to spool connection for a bomb-proof fit.
Where the rubber meets the road my friends! If you've been dreaming of a reel that has the look, feel and performance of a Ferrari, then look no further. Capable of running 9-11 weight lines, and your choice of mid or large arbor spools, this reel is one versatile hombre.
- New Mist Finish is a beautiful matte, non-glare finish that is smoother, stealthier, and looks awesome.
- New cranks and counterbalance in the Gen 2 Finatic incorporates an Ultraflon sleeve that covers the aluminum shaft and separates it from the aluminum crank handle. This eliminates the chance for Galvanic corrosion and ensures a smooth crank.
- New frame features a concave surface inside of the frame and move from 7 windows in the Gen 1 to 9 windows in the Gen 2. By adding two extra arms it eliminates unnecessary weight making the reel lighter without sacrificing strength.
- New lip seals and sealed bearings completely seal this drag system against the elements for flawless performance in the harshest conditions.
- Machined reel seat means that there is no second piece seating the reel to the rod. No more rotting screws or rattle between the foot and the rest of the frame.
- Hook guards on every reel keep those hooks away from hands and tucked into the arbor of the reel.
- Multi-disc drag comprised of Rulon and precision stamped stainless steel discs apples breaking pressure and heat dispersion over several surfaces and is now found on all models.
- Body style: Finatic Gen 2
- Protection: Type 2 Anodize
- Line weights: 9-11
- Hook guard on frame
- Fully sealed Rulon multi-disc drag cassette
- Positive Power Flower frame connection for bomb-proof fit
- Fully machined frame, spool, and reel seat
- Precise counterbalance on spool
- Diameter: 4.25"
- Width: 1.375"
- Weight: 10.3oz
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE TARPON FLY LINE