The Scott Tidal 9'0" 12wt fly rod is the perfect choice for targeting larger species in the salt. Looking for the a great tarpon rod under $500? Pick up the Tidal 12wt and slice through a stiff wind, landing the fly in the perfect spot to produce a strike. This Tidal 12wt is an exceptional rod for tarpon, stripers, giant trevally, mahi-mahi, roosterfish, dorado, and sharks. The Scott Tidal is designed for throwing big flies with laser precision into a stiff wind. If you fish the salt, this 12wt will the versatile workhorse in your arsenal.
Scott Tidal rods make the saltwater game easier, delivering accurate presentations to cruising fish and good turnover into the wind. These salt specific rods load quickly, generate high line speed with a relaxed casting stroke, and have ample power to control hard fighting fish.
Like all Scott fly rods, Tidal rods are handcrafted start to finish in our Colorado workshop by skilled rod builders using the best materials available. Tidal rods come in models to cover any species or situation you will encounter on the flats or open waters.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds hoop strength and counteracts torque, significantly increasing casting accuracy and line control
- Multi-modulus lay-up blank design precisely controls stiffness along the rod length to load and unload with smooth power
- Natural, unfinished blank shows off the beauty of graphite, while making the rod lighter, stronger, and improving performance
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty