The Scott Tidal 9'0" 8wt fly rod is the perfect choice for general saltwater use and excels casting to tailing bonefish on the flats, and redfish in the backcountry. The Tidal is a powerful pleasure to cast because it easily slices through the wind to place your fly in the perfect spot. This Tidal 8wt is ideal for tossing big poppers to hungry bass, targeting steelhead, and big streamer fishing. The Scott Tidal is designed for throwing big flies with laser precision into a stiff wind. This 8wt will be a versatile workhorse in your arsenal if you love to go after big predators.
Scott Tidal rods make the saltwater game easier, delivering accurate presentations to cruising fish and good turnover into the wind. These salt specific rods load quickly, generate high line speed with a relaxed casting stroke, and have ample power to control hard fighting fish.
Like all Scott fly rods, Tidal rods are handcrafted start to finish in our Colorado workshop by skilled rod builders using the best materials available. Tidal rods come in models to cover any species or situation you will encounter on the flats or open waters.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds hoop strength and counteracts torque, significantly increasing casting accuracy and line control
- Multi-modulus lay-up blank design precisely controls stiffness along the rod length to load and unload with smooth power
- Natural, unfinished blank shows off the beauty of graphite, while making the rod lighter, stronger, and improving performance
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty