The Scott Tidal 9'0" 9wt fly rod is the perfect choice for general saltwater use when the wind is blowing. This is a great rod for chasing bonefish on the flats in windy conditions. The Tidal is a powerful pleasure to cast because it easily slices through the wind to place your fly in the perfect spot. It also excels at throwing big flies to pike/musky, and is an awesome choice for backcountry redfish. The Scott Tidal is designed for throwing big flies with laser precision into a stiff wind. This 9wt will be a versatile workhorse in your arsenal if you love to go after big predators.
Scott Tidal rods make the saltwater game easier, delivering accurate presentations to cruising fish and good turnover into the wind. These salt specific rods load quickly, generate high line speed with a relaxed casting stroke, and have ample power to control hard fighting fish.
Like all Scott fly rods, Tidal rods are handcrafted start to finish in our Colorado workshop by skilled rod builders using the best materials available. Tidal rods come in models to cover any species or situation you will encounter on the flats or open waters.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds hoop strength and counteracts torque, significantly increasing casting accuracy and line control
- Multi-modulus lay-up blank design precisely controls stiffness along the rod length to load and unload with smooth power
- Natural, unfinished blank shows off the beauty of graphite, while making the rod lighter, stronger, and improving performance
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty