SCOTT TIDAL 906/4 FLY ROD OUTFIT : 9'0" 6WT
This outfit features the Scott Tidal Fly Rod, Nautilus XL Fly Reel, Scientific Anglers Amplitude Grand Slam Fly Line, Dacron backing, tapered leader, and Scott cordura rod tube. All Scott Tidal Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Scott Tidal 9'0" 6wt fly rod excels at both freshwater and saltwater use. This Tidal is designed for throwing big flies with laser precision into a stiff wind. The Tidal 906/4 is perfect as a light saltwater rod, and excels as a bass rod for both smallmouth and largemouth. Swinging big streamers for bigger browns? The Tidal 6wt will become your workhorse go-to rod to cover a wide variety of species and situations.
Scott Tidal rods make the saltwater game easier, delivering accurate presentations to cruising fish and good turnover into the wind. These salt specific rods load quickly, generate high line speed with a relaxed casting stroke, and have ample power to control hard fighting fish.
Like all Scott fly rods, Tidal rods are handcrafted start to finish in our Colorado workshop by skilled rod builders using the best materials available. Tidal rods come in models to cover any species or situation you will encounter on the flats or open waters.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds hoop strength and counteracts torque, significantly increasing casting accuracy and line control
- Multi-modulus lay-up blank design precisely controls stiffness along the rod length to load and unload with smooth power
- Natural, unfinished blank shows off the beauty of graphite, while making the rod lighter, stronger, and improving performance
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty
NEW! NAUTILUS X-SERIES XL FLY REEL : 6-7WT
The New Nautilus X-Series XL Fly Reel features a completely open frame that is extremely light, boasts superior rigidity, a super smooth powerhouse drag, and amazingly fast line pick up. The cutting edge X-Series design has strong beams that extend from the center to a wide line guard. These angles allow for rear spool rim protection where the reel typically contacts the ground when the rod is leaned up against a wall or a car. The totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system that is impervious to the elements, self lubricating, and maintenance free. The drag is adjusted with a generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface for wet and cold fingers. The Nautilus X Series XL Fly Reel is the perfect choice as a lightweight, tough-as-nails, steelhead, bass, and light saltwater fly reel to grace any high end fly rod.
The highly ventilated arch design, coupled with the dual palming rim increases spool strength by 35%. The sides of the frame leave the spool totally exposed, and the back spool rim has a generous 1/8″ secondary palming rim for added fish control. This heavy- duty secondary palming rim has the strength to withstand everyday wear and tear. The spool is a new spin on Nautilus' ultra light, award winning Giga arbor design. It is lighter than any spool of a similar size we have ever made.
Available in three frame sizes: XS – 3.25” Diameter, 3.8 oz, XM – 3.5” diameter, 4.1 oz, and a 4” frame XL that will accept the standard XL Giga arbor spool for a 6/7 weight and the XL MAX Giga arbor spool that will fit an 8/9 weight line. At a mere 4.7 ounces the XL and XL MAX will handle your larger fresh water species and light salt water needs perfectly.
- Totally new SCF-X drag is a sealed Teflon® and carbon fiber disc drag system
- Generous drag knob that offers superior gripping surface and texture for wet and cold fingers
- Precision engineered TPX bushings are feather light, self-lubricating, with zero wear over time
- Giga sized spool arbor picks up more a foot of line per revolution
- Grooved spool design allows backing to breathe and dry faster
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH GRAND SLAM FLY LINE
The new Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Fly Lines are, simply put, the highest-performance smooth fly lines in the world. With up to five times less drag and eight times the durability of traditional lines, Amplitude Smooth will change the way you look at saltwater fly line performance. The Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam has a unique taper with a short, aggressive head to load rods quickly, maximizes energy transfer, and enhances the power of modern fast-action saltwater rods. This line will throw tight loops long distance with ease, slicing through the wind, and turn over long leaders and saltwater flies.
The Grand Slam line excels at those critical quick second shots, and delivers the fly immediately where you intended. Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam will make any angler a better caster, increasing hookups, and saltwater success. Tarpon. Bonefish. Permit. All in one day. All on one fly line. That’s the idea behind the Amplitude Smooth Grand Slam, a line designed specifically to help you achieve one of angling’s most elusive accomplishments. With a short, powerful head the Grand Slam cuts through wind and turns over crabs, shrimp, and tarpon flies with ease. We’ve got the line. You just need the fish.
- Features the revolutionary AST Plus slickness additive for superior shooting ability and increased durability
- The perfect line for bonefish, tarpon, and permit on the flats; also great for snook, redfish, and sea trout
- Overweighted by 3/4 line weight to load rods for powerful distance and quick second shots
- Short, powerful head throws tight loops, shreds the wind, and fires saltwater flies to their target
- Tropi-Core technology remains stiff and slick in tropical environments