Scott Tidal Fly Rod Outfits include the Scott Tidal Fly Rod, Ross Cimarron II Fly Reel, Scientific Anglers Amplitude Smooth Titan Long fly line, Dacron backing, tapered leader, and Scott cordura rod tube. All Scott Tidal Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Scott Tidal 9'0" 9wt fly rod is the perfect choice for general saltwater use when the wind is blowing. This is a great rod for chasing bonefish on the flats in windy conditions. The Tidal is a powerful pleasure to cast because it easily slices through the wind to place your fly in the perfect spot. It also excels at throwing big flies to pike/musky, and is an awesome choice for backcountry redfish. The Scott Tidal is designed for throwing big flies with laser precision into a stiff wind. This 9wt will be a versatile workhorse in your arsenal if you love to go after big predators.
Scott Tidal rods make the saltwater game easier, delivering accurate presentations to cruising fish and good turnover into the wind. These salt specific rods load quickly, generate high line speed with a relaxed casting stroke, and have ample power to control hard fighting fish.
Like all Scott fly rods, Tidal rods are handcrafted start to finish in our Colorado workshop by skilled rod builders using the best materials available. Tidal rods come in models to cover any species or situation you will encounter on the flats or open waters.
- Advanced Reinforced Carbon (ARC) adds hoop strength and counteracts torque, significantly increasing casting accuracy and line control
- Multi-modulus lay-up blank design precisely controls stiffness along the rod length to load and unload with smooth power
- Natural, unfinished blank shows off the beauty of graphite, while making the rod lighter, stronger, and improving performance
- Each rod is hand crafted from beginning to end in Montrose, Colorado
- Backed by the Scott Lifetime Warranty
The new Ross Cimarron II Fly Reel is a bold and beautiful reel, that is tough, durable, and up to the task of whipping large, aggressive fish. The inspired porting design yields a lightweight, yet incredibly strong reel. Both the frame and the spool are each CNC machined to exacting tolerances from a solid piece of 6061 aerospace grade aluminum alloy, followed by a Type II anodizing process, for an attractive, indestructible finish.
The bulletproof Delrin 500AF, Teflon impregnated drag system is further bolstered by new composite materials and stainless steel components, resulting in more than twice the drag pressure of its predecessor. The new stainless steel thrust washer gives the Cimarron II the ability to withstand years of abuse while retaining a silky smooth start-up inertia that protects light tippets.
Central to the Cimarron II is an all new ruggedly designed, square-shaped drag knob that provides a strong, positive grip in all types of fishing conditions. It is constructed from a precision molded, high-performance polymer designed to withstand years of abuse. The all-new machined Delrin composite handle has an engineered hourglass shape for improved grip and control. The micro-grooved finish provides a tacky surface even in the wettest conditions. The new Cimarron II spool hub and quick-release housing are now made of fully machined aluminum that is hard anodized for increased durability and ease in exchanging spools.
The Ross Cimarron II is an amazing value in a high-performance, fully machined reel. You will not find a better engineered and tougher reel in this price range.
- Fully CNC machined to exacting standards in the USA from proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Ultra-lightweight, incredibly strong design
- Smooth, powerful Delrin 500AF, Teflon impregnated drag system
- Square drag knob makes quick, easy drag adjustments
- Type II hard anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Designed, machined, and hand-built in Montrose, CO
- Backed by the Ross Lifetime Warranty
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS AMPLITUDE SMOOTH BONEFISH FLY LINE