This outfit features the TFO Axiom II Fly Rod, TFO BVK Fly Reel, Scientific Anglers Mastery Saltwater Fly Line, Dacron backing, tapered leader, and TFO triangle rod tube storage case. Each complete outfit is shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The TFO Axiom II 9wt 9'0" Fly Rod is a smooth, powerful fast-action rod with a softer tip that casts very well in close, and has the reserve power to go long distance. This Axiom II 9wt is perfect for general saltwater fishing when the wind is blowing. This Axiom II 9wt, 9'0" rod excels at casting to stripers, juvenile tarpon, bonefish, redfish, jacks, bluefish, and really anything that swims in saltwater. This 9wt also is a great rod for pike/musky and king salmon. Axiom II rod are engineered to adapt to the angler, and will throw tight loops with any casting style. The softer tip enhances line feel and casts beautifully in close with deadly accuracy, and the high modulus graphite / Kevlar blank has the power to go long distance when needed.
TFO Axiom II rods are designed using a high modulus proprietary carbon fiber and Kevlar blend, and 2nd Generation blank-over-ferrule technologies producing the most efficient transfer of energy to your fly line. These rods load easily, are crisp in unloading, and track accurately and true to the target. There is no bounce, no shock, and no wobble on the stop, delivering efficient energy transfer for a smooth, powerful delivery of your fly. The Axiom II is a perfect choice for any angler seeking a fast-action all-purpose rod with a bit of forgiveness and will make any angler a better caster.
Temple Fork fly rods are designed for high-end power and performance, with sophisticated and elegant craftsmanship, without unnecessary accouterments that add expense and cost. Every TFO rod is manufactured to exacting standards in their own factories to ensure extreme control of the production and quality process. TFO fly rods provide anglers with tools that properly fit their needs, designed to last a lifetime, at a value price that is hard to believe. For more than two decades, Temple Fork has designed fly rods recognized for optimizing performance and price, making TFO the #1 manufacturer of fly rods in the United States. Every TFO rod is backed by their Unconditional Lifetime Warranty and their commitment to get you back on the water quickly, and without hassle.
- Carbon fiber / Kevlar blank for smooth, powerful castability
- Attractive dark olive blank, with complementary olive wraps
- Color-coded alignment dots for easy setup
- Premium hand chosen Portuguese cork half wells grip
- Fighting butt handle with composite ring for durability
- Fully anodized machined aluminum double uplocking reel seat
- Large tactical SiC stripping guides
- Lightweight chromium-impregnated stainless steel snake guides
- Includes protective TFO rod tube and rod sock
- Backed by the Unconditional TFO Lifetime warranty
- Machined and anodized aluminum construction
- For extreme use in fresh- or saltwater
- Sealed, corrosion-resistant drag system
- Delrin and stainless steel drag washers
- Super-large arbor design
- Highly ported to reduce weight
- Easy LH/RH retrieve changes
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS MASTERY SALTWATER FLOATING FLY LINE
The Scientific Anglers Mastery Saltwater Fly Line is the perfect line to cover a wide variety of saltwater situations and species. SA Mastery Saltwater is your one-line-does-it-all for saltwater conditions. The versatile compound taper design provides front loaded power to shred the wind, while retaining a delicate delivery for spooky bonefish on the flats. This line is built for a wide rage of temperatures and environments so it will not wilt in the heat or become too stiff in cold water. SA Mastery Saltwater throws big flies in windy conditions with tight loops. This is excels equally at long distance casting and quick shots to cruising fish. Mastery Saltwater simply does it all.
- Compound taper turns over big flies
- Designed for use in temperate and tropical climates
- Two tone for better visibility
- Variable head lengths for distance casting and quick shots to passing fish
- Small diameter to deal with windy conditions
- Compound taper turns over big flies