The Tibor Light Back Country CL Wide Fly Reel is exceedingly versatile. The Light Back Country reel has the construction quality, materials and technology to handle everything from an 8 inch brookie to a 30 pound tarpon. Along with the ability to go up against a huge variety of species it is still light enough to be paired up with the lightest of today’s ultralight rods.
The Tibor Light Back Country Fly Reel are perfectly suited for modern fly rods. These beautiful reels feature the ConstaLube (CL) drag system that delivers a smooth constant drag throughout the entire range of resistance. The ConstaLube is composed of a special felt and lube that greases the drag at all times of the fight to provide the smoothest drag system for smaller game fish. Even the most fragile tippet can be fished with complete confidence.
The Tibor Light Back Country is designed with the same uncompromising standards as the time-tested Billy Pate and Tibor Series. Suitable for 6-9 weight rods in fresh or saltwater fishing conditions. The quality and construction, watch-like precision, and superb drag system of the Tibor Light Back Country reel delivers unmatched performance even in the toughest fishing conditions.
- Features a drag that cannot be set excessively tight – yet the spool won’t over-run if you pull line rapidly from it. This prevents the fragile leader tippets from breaking.
- The drag adjustment knob is more accessible than on most reels and cannot catch the line.
- The clutch dogs on most fly reels are held in place with springs that can fall out or lose their adjustment. The clutch on Tibor Light reels is a one-piece unit that is hard coated, corrosion-resistant and cannot fail.
- The leader-keeper groove on the spool rim captures the leader when moving from one fishing location to another.
- A clicker monitors line going out or coming in.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum and has very few parts – ensuring dependable, trouble-free operation.
- Comes with an extra thick neoprene case for easy storage and transportation.
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.
- Weight: 5.5oz
- Diameter: 3.625”
- Width: 1.42”
- Capacity: WF6/275yds/20lb, WF9/200yds/20lb
Tibor is now offering part colors that match their existing Signature Series Hub Colors: