Winston Air Fly Rods represent the very best in fly rod design after more than 88 years of rod making. The first thing you notice when you pick up the Air is how light this rod is. Next you notice that this rod feels 'alive.' Winston Air rods feature a quick flex and recovery through the casting stroke without feeling stiff to make sure you enjoy every cast. This revolutionary fly rod design features Winstons new SuperSilica resin system with high modulus Boron III graphite. This allows significantly less weight, more liveliness and higher responsiveness for optimum presentation. These rods have the broadest casting range of any fly rods Winston has ever designed.
This Winston Air 690-4 fly rod is the perfect choice as an all-purpose trout and smallmouth bass rod on medium to large rivers. The 6wt Air delivers buttery smooth power and is a true pleasure to cast. This Air 6wt will toss streamers to the bank and launch bass poppers in the wind. This versatile 6wt will do it all medium to large rivers and makes a great pond/lake rod.
- Advanced carbon fiber and new SuperSilica
- Classic smooth Winston Progressive Action
- Incredibly accurate presentation
- Boron III Technology for enhanced reserve power
- Hard chrome snake shooting guides, chrome nano-lite stripping guides
- Nickel silver reel seat with wood burled insert
- Each Winston Air rod is hand crafted in Twin Bridges, MT
- Backed by the Winston Lifetime Warranty