NEW! WINSTON ALPHA+ 690-4 FLY ROD : 6WT, 9'0"
The New Winston Alpha+ Fly Rods are vastly different than your typical Winston fly rod. The Winston Alpha+ is the fastest, stiffest, most powerful rod Winston has ever designed. The Alpha+ is specifically made to fight the biggest fish in your waters. Think big flies, windy conditions, large predators, and powerful long casts in any condtions. Alpha+ series rods range from a powerful 5wt for larger trout up to a 12wt to battle larger Tarpon, Giant Trevally, Roosterfish, Mahi-Mahi, Peacock Bass, and Golden Dorado. The Winston Alpha+ rods feature a wicked fast-action taper for aggressive rigs, including big flies, heavy lines, shooting heads, and sinking tips. The Winston Alpha+ will pick up the entire fly line with one back cast and make quick one shot placements precisely where intended.
The Winston Alpha+ 6wt 9'0" Fly Rod is the perfect choice as a powerful tool for larger trout, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, and light saltwater applications. This Alpha+ 690-4 excels at delivering large streamers, basss poppers, and saltwater flies straight to their target, even when the wind is a factor. This rod gives you the ability to pick up your line and make quick first and second shot casts, with only one backcast, keeping you in the zone throughout the day with less fatigue. This 6wt 9'0" was designed to for situations when your regular 6wt doesn't have enough power to get the job done.
- Weight: 6wt 9'0"
- Fly Line Grain Weight: 200-240gr
- : Ultra-fast
- : 4
- : Hard chrome over-sized snake ‘shooting guides’ with chrome nano lite stripping guided and over sized tiptop.
- : Up locking, anodized aluminum with double locking rings. Engraved with company signature logo.
- : Premium graphite rod tube with embroidered logo rod sock
- Highest performance boron/graphite composite materials
- Exceptionally powerful, capable of generating high line speeds
- Designed to cast big flies, over-sized lines, shooting heads and sinking tips
- Extra reinforced ferrules for ultimate lifting power
- Designated grain windows for each rod model
- Designed and Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT