Winston Kairos Fly Rod Outfits include the Winston Kairos Fly Rod, Ross Cimarron II Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Mastery Trout fly line, Dacron backing, Tapered Leader, and Winston triangle cordura rod tube. All Winston Kairos Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Winston Kairos Fly Rods feature an all-new proprietary graphite and resin from Winston, delivering legendary smoothness with a crisp, modern fast-action. This perfect blend of speed and smoothness allows any angler to excel in a wide variety of fishing situations. Winston Kairos fly rods showcase a striking clear graphite finish, complemented by traditional Winston Green thread wraps and our classic hand-written rod inscription as the final touch. Proudly designed and built by hand in Twin Bridges, MT.
The Winston Kairos 7wt 9'0" fly rod performs beautifully throwing streamers with authority, launching bass bugs in the wind, and swinging steelhead flies. This versatile 7wt also excels in the salt for backcountry redfish and flats bonefish when the wind dies down. This rod performs beautifully for big trout, smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, steelhead, and light general saltwater fishing. This Kairos 7wt is a super smooth casting rod with surprising power to launch big flies straight to their target. Now you can own a hand crafted Winston rod with their legendary smoothness for under $500. This rod is a best performance value from Winston and will be your go-to rod for most fishing situations.
- Lightweight, super smooth, multi-purpose rod
- Modern fast action tip flex with quick recovery
- 100% graphite technology
- Clear graphite impact resistant finish
- Versatile tapers to handle a multitude of angling applications
- Chrome nanolite stripper guide/Chrome plated snake guides
- Black anodized aluminum reel seat engraved with Winston signature logo
- Fighting butt handle for added leverage
- Grey triangular Cordura rod tube
- Designed and produced in Twin Bridges, MT
- Backed by the Winston Lifetime Warranty
The new Ross Cimarron II Fly Reel is a bold and beautiful reel, that is tough, durable, and up to the task of whipping large, aggressive fish. The inspired porting design yields a lightweight, yet incredibly strong reel. Both the frame and the spool are each CNC machined to exacting tolerances from a solid piece of 6061 aerospace grade aluminum alloy, followed by a Type II anodizing process, for an attractive, indestructible finish.
The bulletproof Delrin 500AF, Teflon impregnated drag system is further bolstered by new composite materials and stainless steel components, resulting in more than twice the drag pressure of its predecessor. The new stainless steel thrust washer gives the Cimarron II the ability to withstand years of abuse while retaining a silky smooth start-up inertia that protects light tippets.
Central to the Cimarron II is an all new ruggedly designed, square-shaped drag knob that provides a strong, positive grip in all types of fishing conditions. It is constructed from a precision molded, high-performance polymer designed to withstand years of abuse. The all-new machined Delrin composite handle has an engineered hourglass shape for improved grip and control. The micro-grooved finish provides a tacky surface even in the wettest conditions. The new Cimarron II spool hub and quick-release housing are now made of fully machined aluminum that is hard anodized for increased durability and ease in exchanging spools.
The Ross Cimarron II is an amazing value in a high-performance, fully machined reel. You will not find a better engineered and tougher reel in this price range.
- Fully CNC machined to exacting standards in the USA from proprietary 6061-T6 aluminum alloy
- Ultra-lightweight, incredibly strong design
- Smooth, powerful Delrin 500AF, Teflon impregnated drag system
- Square drag knob makes quick, easy drag adjustments
- Type II hard anodized for the perfect balance of hardness and color
- Quick release spool and easy left-hand to right-hand retrieve conversion
- Designed, machined, and hand-built in Montrose, CO
- Backed by the Ross Lifetime Warranty
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS MASTERY MPX FLY LINE
Scientific Angler Mastery MPX Fly Lines is the best all-around fly line that SA has ever made. Mastery MPX will handle everything from tossing small dries to slinging huge streamers. Built a half-size heavy, the MPX taper is designed with more mass toward the front of the head with an added emphasis on presentation. The Mastery MPX is a powerful line that loads rods quickly, yet with a bit of finesse added in.
- The ultimate general presentation taper for all situations
- Improved version of our GPX taper
- Built a half-size heavy to load rods and turn over large flies easily
- Excellent with dry flies, nymphs, and streamers
- Features the AST Plus Slickness Technology
- For use in moderate and cold climates
- Braided multifilament core