Winston Nimbus Fly Rod Outfits include the Winston Nimbus Fly Rod, award-winning Ross Evolution LTX Fly Reel, premium Scientific Anglers Mastery Saltwater fly line, Dacron backing, Tapered Leader, Winston premium aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Winston Nimbus Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
The Winston Nimbus fly rods are a completely new design inspired by their premium Boron rods. Using the same multi-modulus graphite as Winston Boron rods, along with versatile mid-tip flex tapers, the Winston Nimbus provides an incredibly smooth action, with a progressive power that is truly a pleasure to cast. Winston Nimbus rods perfectly balance finesse with power to excel in the most challenging situations. Offered in a full range of freshwater, saltwater, and spey models, these rods are finished in a beautiful Big Sky Blue color and sport premium componentry and Winstons signature handwritten inscription. Proudly designed and hand crafted in Twin Bridges, MT, the Nimbus is simply the best all-graphite fly rod on the market.
This Nimbus 9wt 9'0" fly rod is the perfect choice for windy days chasing bonefish on the flats or targeting redfish in the backcountry. This versatile 9wt also excels casting striper flies, throwing pike/musky flies, fishing big river steelhead and salmon, and general saltwater use. This Nimbus 9wt has the power and backbone to handle a wide variety of species and fishing siutations. The Nimbus 9wt will punch your fly straight through the wind to a tailing bonefish, launch bulky flies like a rocket, and extend your long distance casting range. The Nimbus delivers the perfect balance of impressive power with the trademark Winston smoothness. This 9wt will become your favorite 'big fish' rod!
- Lightweight, ultra-smooth casting
- Multi modulus graphite delivers a progressive fast-action
- Beautiful Big Sky Blue impact resistant finish
- Chrome nanolite stripper guides with friction reducing light wire snake guides
- Premium Titanium aluminum reel seat with fighting butt handle
- Grey aluminum tube with Winston signature logo
- Each Nimbus rod is hand-crafted in Twin Bridges, MT
- Backed by the Winston Lifetime Warranty
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION LTX 9/10 FLY REEL
The Ross Evolution LTX is the next generation in premium, high-end fly reels. The award-winning Evolution LTX is an engineering marvel, with a drag system 4x as strong as its predecessor, in a beautifully crafted, lightweight package to perfectly balance fly rods weighing mere ounces.
The new, ultra-smooth drag system retains the sound and feel that made the Evolution an icon, but now incorporates a stacked disc drag system based on the Evolution R saltwater reels, resulting in a powerhouse drag system that would be overkill if it wasn’t so lightweight. This allows it to perform not only as a perfect trout reel, but also has the power to take on saltwater game fish like Redfish, Bonefish, and Snook.
The Evolution LTX drag system is built on an oil-impregnated bronze brushing, rotating on a stainless steel spindle post. Ross Evolution LTX reels are CNC machined to exacting tolerances in Montrose, CO from proprietary aircraft grade T-6061 barstock aluminum. These gorgeous reels are then hard anodized for the perfect balance of durability and color. The large arbor spool includes an innovative line channel for cleanly hiding arbor knots when winding on backing. The Ross Reels signature bell-shaped arbor design also adds strength, while helping to self-level the fly line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved.
The LTX also incorporates a handle machined from canvas phenolic rod, another Ross Reels innovation, which reduces weight, adds durability, and increases grip when wet. These meticulously designed features of the LTX converge in a light weight package, redefining the trout reel for another generation.
- Ultra-lightweight to balance modern premium rods
- Gorgeous, innovative, lightweight engineering
- CNC machined to exacting tolerances from aircraft aluminum in Montrose, CO
- Ultra-smooth, stacked disc drag system based on Evolution R saltwater drag system
- Drag system is 4x times as powerful as previous Evolution reels
- Large Arbor design self levels fly line and incorporates line channel to hide knots
- Machined canvas phenolic handle reduces weight, increases durability and grip when wet
- Hard anodized for beautiful color and durability
- Backed by the Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
SCIENTIFIC ANGLERS MASTERY SALTWATER FLOATING FLY LINE
The Scientific Anglers Mastery Saltwater Fly Line is the perfect line to cover a wide variety of saltwater situations and species. SA Mastery Saltwater is your one-line-does-it-all for saltwater conditions. The versatile compound taper design provides front loaded power to shred the wind, while retaining a delicate delivery for spooky bonefish on the flats. This line is built for a wide rage of temperatures and environments so it will not wilt in the heat or become too stiff in cold water. SA Mastery Saltwater throws big flies in windy conditions with tight loops. This is excels equally at long distance casting and quick shots to cruising fish. Mastery Saltwater simply does it all.
- Compound taper turns over big flies
- Designed for use in temperate and tropical climates
- Two tone for better visibility
- Variable head lengths for distance casting and quick shots to passing fish
- Small diameter to deal with windy conditions
- Compound taper turns over big flies
- Tropi-Core technology for tropical climates