WINSTON PURE 459-4 FLY ROD OUTFIT: 4wt 5'9"
This outfit is built upon the Winston PURE Fly Rod, Ross Reels LTX Fly Reel, premium Scientific Angler Amplitude Smooth floating fly line, Dacron backing, Tapered Leader, Winston premium aluminum rod tube and rod sock. All Winston PURE Fly Rod Outfits are shipped professionally loaded and ready to fish...just tie on a fly!
Winston PURE Fly Rods represent the very best in fly rod design after more than 88 years of rod making. The first thing you notice when you pick up the PURE is how light this rod is. Next you notice that this rod feels 'alive.' Winston PURE rods feature a quick flex and recovery through the casting stroke without feeling stiff to make sure you enjoy every cast. This revolutionary fly rod design features Winstons new SuperSilica resin system with high modulus Boron III graphite. This allows significantly less weight, more liveliness and higher responsiveness for optimum presentation. These rods have the broadest casting range of any fly rods Winston has ever designed.
This Winston PURE 459-4 fly rod is simply the finest tool on the planet for stalking big trout in small places. This 4wt PURE delivers buttery smooth power and is a true pleasure to cast. This PURE 4wt presents a beautiful dry fly, whether it is 20ft or 40ft, and can easily handle a nymph rig and small streamers. This 4wt has the power and backbone to turn the fish's head when battling larger trout in confined spaces. Just try to wipe the smile of your face when the perfect cast turns into an epic battle!
- Advanced carbon fiber and new SuperSilica
- Classic smooth Winston Progressive Action
- Incredibly accurate presentation
- Boron III Technology for enhanced reserve power
- Hard chrome snake shooting guides, chrome nano-lite stripping guides
- Nickel silver reel seat with wood burled insert
- Each Winston PURE rod is hand crafted in Twin Bridges, MT
- Backed by the Winston Lifetime Warranty
ROSS REELS EVOLUTION LTX 3/4 FLY REEL : 3-4WT
The Ross Evolution LTX is the next generation in premium, high-end trout reels. The award-winning Evolution LTX is an engineering marvel, with a drag system 4x as strong as its predecessor, in a beautifully crafted, lightweight package to perfectly balance fly rods weighing mere ounces.
The new, ultra-smooth drag system retains the sound and feel that made the Evolution an icon, but now incorporates a stacked disc drag system based on the Evolution R saltwater reels, resulting in a powerhouse drag system that would be overkill if it wasn’t so lightweight. This allows it to perform not only as a perfect trout reel, but also has the power to take on saltwater game fish like Redfish, Bonefish, and Snook.
The Evolution LTX drag system is built on an oil-impregnated bronze brushing, rotating on a stainless steel spindle post. Ross Evolution LTX reels are CNC machined to exacting tolerances in Montrose, CO from proprietary aircraft grade T-6061 barstock aluminum. These gorgeous reels are then hard anodized for the perfect balance of durability and color. The large arbor spool includes an innovative line channel for cleanly hiding arbor knots when winding on backing. The Ross Reels signature bell-shaped arbor design also adds strength, while helping to self-level the fly line across the face of the spool as it is retrieved.
The LTX also incorporates a handle machined from canvas phenolic rod, another Ross Reels innovation, which reduces weight, adds durability, and increases grip when wet. The meticulously designed features of the LTX converge in a light weight package, redefining the trout reel for another generation.
- Ultra-lightweight to balance modern premium rods
- Gorgeous, innovative, lightweight engineering
- CNC machined to exacting tolerances from aircraft aluminum in Montrose, CO
- Ultra-smooth, stacked disc drag system based on Evolution R saltwater drag system
- Drag system is 4x times as powerful as previous Evolution reels
- Large Arbor design self levels fly line and incorporates line channel to hide knots
- Machined canvas phenolic handle reduces weight, increases durability and grip when wet
- Hard anodized for beautiful color and durability
- Backed by the Ross Reels Lifetime Warranty
- Weight: 4.20oz
- Diameter: 3.42”
- Width: .97”
- Capacity: WF4/50yds/20lb