WINSTON SALTWATER AIR 690 FLY ROD : 6WT 9'0"
Presenting the new – lightweight saltwater rods with Winston Boron III technology that are easy to cast. The new Saltwater AIR series is very light and allows for unprecedented fast recovery, for any length of cast.
Combining our proprietary SuperSilica lightweight resin system and Boron III material with modern progressive tapers, Winston Saltwater AIR rods deliver the celebrated Winston “feel”, along with balanced, fast graphite recovery rates, for incredible line speed and presentation, making them our most versatile rods in saltwater environments. What this means for anglers is faster mid-sections to dictate line control and easily manage windy conditions along with Boron III technology applied in the butt section for more lifting strength to fight and land fish quickly.
- Advanced carbon fiber combined with our SuperSilica lightweight resin system to improve toughness and durability
- A new light and fast big game rod series with extra power cast after cast, without fatigue
- Quick recovery with Winston Progressive Action
- New stealth matte Winston Green finish for flats stalking
- Smaller guides hold the line closer to the rod shaft to give better control through the cast and presentation.
- Boron III technology for increased fighting/lifting power and added energy
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
5.00/5 Stars out of 1 Reviews
Robert Anderson (TX) | December 30th, 2021
I bought an 8 wt Winston Salt Air before an Andros bonefishing trip last summer and loved it. Landed a 10+ pound monster after a challenging fight. It has great power in order to make those long shots from a poling skiff. So, naturally, I wanted to try a lighter version for those calm days. Who doesn't want to catch a bonefish on a 6 wt rod? It has performed as expected during practice and I am taking it on an upcoming trip back to Andros, land of bonefish giants! It will also come with me on Texas coastal redfish trips where the fish run less than 28" in the back bay skinny water.