WINSTON SALTWATER AIR 890 FLY ROD : 8WT 9'0"
Presenting the new – lightweight saltwater rods with Winston Boron III technology that are easy to cast. The new Saltwater AIR series is very light and allows for unprecedented fast recovery, for any length of cast.
Combining our proprietary SuperSilica lightweight resin system and Boron III material with modern progressive tapers, Winston Saltwater AIR rods deliver the celebrated Winston “feel”, along with balanced, fast graphite recovery rates, for incredible line speed and presentation, making them our most versatile rods in saltwater environments. What this means for anglers is faster mid-sections to dictate line control and easily manage windy conditions along with Boron III technology applied in the butt section for more lifting strength to fight and land fish quickly.
- Advanced carbon fiber combined with our SuperSilica lightweight resin system to improve toughness and durability
- A new light and fast big game rod series with extra power cast after cast, without fatigue
- Quick recovery with Winston Progressive Action
- New stealth matte Winston Green finish for flats stalking
- Smaller guides hold the line closer to the rod shaft to give better control through the cast and presentation.
- Boron III technology for increased fighting/lifting power and added energy
- Handcrafted in Twin Bridges, MT
5.00/5 Stars out of 3 Reviews
Patrick (MA) | August 1st, 2022
I used a guides salt 8wt on a trip this summer and would absolutely purchase one if it were in my price range. Fast but so smooth. Distance and line speed very incredibly easy. Loved this rod
Jonathan (New Jersey) | June 8th, 2022
I recently bought this rod after testing several 8wts. This rod is super smooth and casts very tight loops at basically any distance and can punch into wind when necessary. It's very responsive and so much fun to cast. On top of that the build quality is the best.
Dunny Green (Long Beach, Ms) | May 25th, 2022
Fishing with my 8 wt Winston Air Salt fly rod has been very statisfying.
Casting is easy. The rod feels smooth and responsive . When a fish is on, you feel in full control.
You quickly recognize what is meant by the “Winston Feel”