NEW! G LOOMIS NRX+ 4100-4 FLY ROD : 4WT, 10'0"
The newly redesigned G Loomis NRX+ Fly Rod is a complete redesign of the award winning NRX series rods, featuring a new advanced graphite and resin technology to outperform any other fly rod on the market in feel, action, and versatility.
With a primary focus of maximizing versatility, the NRX+ Rods adaptable actions improve angler capability and expand tactical opportunity in difficult fishing situations. Rolled with our most advanced compound taper construction to date, NRX+ provides the power, line speed, and loop stability expected from modern fast-action rods, without compromising “feel” and finesse in the short game. This means, regardless of casting distance or difficulty, NRX+ empowers anglers with confidence-boosting control in less-than-ideal situations.
The 4wt 10'0" is the perfect tailwater or larger western river rod for nymphing, streamer fishing, or dry fly action. The longer length will allow for better control on roll casts, enable a longer reach for high stick nymphing, and have the ability to make accurate casts out of a drift boat.
Dynamic Recovery Technology is a blended system of several elements found in these new NRX+ Rods. Our all-new Mega Modulus+ graphite matrix and GL8 resin system, combined with the industry’s most advanced compound taper construction process, creates crisp actions with smooth, rapid recovery. The key to achieving these performance characteristics is a reimaging of our proprietary Multi-Taper Design technology. Traditionally used to enhance durability and swing weight, the G. Loomis design team developed a method of applying a similar process to improve loading efficiency and feedback. This widens the power and recovery “sweet spot”, providing performance with feel regardless of casting distance.
- Mega Modulus+ matrix is 15% lighter than original NRX, improving overall balance and feel, and limits casting fatigue
- Smooth, rapid recovery, allowing casters to develop stable loops with less effort
- GL8 resin possesses the same strength and impact resistance as past resin systems with less material. This reduces overall weight, and ultimately, limits fatigue
- Materials dampen quickly, delivering a crisp, positive feel in hand
- 4wt, 9'0", 4pc
- Single-foot recoil guides
- Titanium SiC stripper guides
- Hook keeper (Line #: 4-6)
- Micro full wells, AAA grade cork grip
- Custom aluminum reel seat with walnut hardwood insert (Models: 490-4, 590-4, & 595-4)
- Custom aluminum reel seat with fighting butt (4100-4, 5100-4, 690-4, & 6100-4)
- Aluminum rod tube with cloth rod bag
- Handcrafted in Woodland, Washington
5.00/5 Stars out of 3 Reviews
Curtis B (ID) | November 12th, 2022
I own a few rods and this is the one that gets used the most. Beautiful cast.
John Bowman (USA) | July 22nd, 2022
I bought an NRX+ 10’ 4wt & the tip was bent. The dealer checked the other two they still had and each one had a bent tip. I returned the rod to Loomis & got a replacement - with a bent tip. Buyer beware.
Sean M Rivers (CA) | November 21st, 2020
If you are looking for the best rod to throw large indicator junk setups or need the extra reach for tight line nymphing than this is the perfect rod. I am so glad I purchased this rod and casts like a dream when over-lining with a 5wt line.